Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Penguin #368 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Ruth Fahrmeier (Parrotperson)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Parrotperson

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 11:11 am:   

Help, please. First, please let me know if it can be won. Then I'll keep working. I may need to come back for a clue. Also, I wonder when people post statistics. I'm at 544 for this player, w/ help on one game a couple of weeks ago. Thanks. Ruth
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 1224
Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 11:43 am:   

Hi Ruth. I am not to that particular hand yet. But looking at the stats, two people have already made it well past that one. And according to what I see they solved it. So good luck. I will be there shortly.
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 11:48 am:   

Do the stats show which games people play? I started doing games in sequence, w/ a few lapses, hitting the wrong button. But w/ some of my players (I have 3 w/ penguin so I cans still play when I'm stuck on one) I just do random games.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1225
Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 12:25 pm:   

No. But if a player is undefeated for 2000 games playing them in order they must have solved all the hands below that number. I am looking at the 101 stats. They are the only ones that really count. Well some of them anyway.
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 12:47 pm:   

I'm new to the forum. What are the 101 stats? Are they posted from the option at the end of a game? Or something else? BTW, I've been "lucky" on one hard game when we had a power outage. ;-) Even tho I have a battery backup and surge protector, some outages must have an effect in whiping out stuff. Haven't found any way to make a bad game go away other wise. Just start a new player and hope when I come back I can figue it out.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 74
Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 1:35 pm:   

Hello Ruth,

in the first 2500 Penguin games is only one unwinnable game and it is not #368.

Markus
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 2:44 pm:   

Thank you! I noticed I've been promoted from a new to a junior soltaire player. How are the designations assigned?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1226
Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 3:36 pm:   

For the stats of a particular game in 101. There are two ways. The easiest is when you win a hand you have the option of "view high score" or "submit new scores" you want to "view high scores". also you can get to "view" by entering the game and hitting ESC. Then going to STATS and doing the same thing. The only way to tell if a hand has been won when there is not an undefeated player is to ask. Somone who is playing that game will tell you or someone will try it. As to your posting upgrade. Just keep posting and watch your status climb. :-)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, September 07, 2009 - 7:37 am:   

Well -- I just solved it, but I don't know what I did. What I mean is that I had 2 pengiun players going and I started on one, not thinking it was the one I was stuck on, and it came out! I suppose I could play it again and see if I can solve it twice and pay attention to what I did. Maybe "paying attention" is the problem. LOL
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1228
Posted on Monday, September 07, 2009 - 1:00 pm:   

Did you actually move to hand #369. If not. #368 should remain in play until you actually quit and move on. That's the only way I know of.
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, September 07, 2009 - 1:54 pm:   

Yep. It wasn't until I did that that I noticed which player I was... oh well Now I'm stuck on 369. I'll let it ferment a while.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration