Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Bastiko Pradhana (Bastikopradhana)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Bastikopradhana

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:57 am:   

Hello, it's me, pgs348.

I have played Pretty Good Solitaire off and on for a few years now. For some games (like the Scorpion, Australian Patience, and Yukon families) I have some tricks down to win games. But some games I am lost as what should I do, other than play cards. I have even tried your winnable numbers, but I can't seem to see the trick as to make the game winnable.

One trick I know in Zodiac is to map out the cards beforehand. Another trick I know in Three Bears is to use the full foundations to open card stacks. And I also try to use Undo and Redo.

Another trick I know is that if the hardest game in similar games can be won, the easier games will follow suit. For example, if I can win it in Pantagruel, I can win it in Gargantua, and I can win it in Double Klondike, or if I can win it in Forty Thieves, Cadran, Josephine, and some others will be able to be won.

However, I am looking for tricks that make these games winnable. Forty Thieves/Cadran #1349289600 is one of them. Both have the same deal. When I played this game, I got stuck with a score of 35 at the end when I know it's supposed to be winnable.

(pardon the following puns)I am lost in the Royal Parade/Virginia Reel/Three Up, end up buried with cards in the Spider Family, trapped by the Forty Thieves family, and just plain stuck in games that deal a card to each tableau pile.

What am I doing wrong? Can you help me?
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 12:50 pm:   

On 40 Thieves #1349289600, (and in general), my advice is don't always make the obvious move. A little bit into the game, you're going to have the 3,4, and 5 of diamonds all in separate piles. Resist the urge to put the 3 and 4 on the 5. The 6 of diamonds will show up shortly, and then you can put them all on the 7 of diamonds that should already be exposed. Good luck!
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 59
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 1:12 pm:   

Hi Ken
Thank you for 40 thieves solved at last

did St Helena yesterday as well so score is going up again
Paul
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 12:48 am:   

Forty Thieves is now off the list.

I have a solution for Zodiac.

I have to ask one question: How is it possible for some of you to win hundreds of Spider/Big Spider games in a row? I have yet to encounter anything winnable.

Also, I need assistance on the "Little (blank)" games, Penelope's Web, Robert, and other "Very Hard" games, because I would like to take these off my list first.
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 12:54 am:   

BTW - According to my list, I have 241 games left.
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 10:15 am:   

Bastiko, Try #1332708608 for Spider. BTW, don't keep us in suspense, what's the solution for Zodiac???
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 2:01 pm:   

I can't seem to remove a suit in the Spider number you mentioned. What am I doing wrong?

The below solution applies to game #1527423872 of Zodiac.

Upper 12:
7D 8D 9D
9S TS JS QS KS
5C
6C
KS QS JS TS 9S 8S 7S 6S 5S 4S 3S 2S AS
8S
3C 4C
7C 8C
8H 7H 6H 5H 4H 3H 2H AH
2S 3S 4S
6D
KH QH JH TH 9H

Lower 12:
AD 2D 3D 4D
5S 6S 7S
JH QH KH
TD JD QD KD
AC 2C
9C TC JC QC KC
KC QC JC 9C 8C 7C 6C 5C 4C 3C 2C AC
5D
KD QD JD
5H 6H 7H
8H 9H TH
TD 9D 8D 7D 6D 5D 4D 3D 2D AD

Equator: AS 4H 3H 2H AH

If something is wrong, please tell me.
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 64
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 1:48 am:   

Hi Bastiko
Thank you for Zodiac worked perfectly although you have the 10S missing on your lower 12 line 7 but that is just a small error
regards Paul

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration