Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » PGS on iPad « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jens R. Prochnow (Prochnow)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Prochnow

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 10:03 pm:   

I just wanted to say that I'm very, very happy that Thomas Warfield is planning to release an iPad version of PGS. - I'm not really sure if I'm posting this in the right forum (or if you even care about that), but I wanted to get an iPad anyway to read some books on it and this is definitly another big point to get an iPad!

Since I'm sort of new to this forum: Hi! I'm Jens (which is a male European name), and I'm sort of collecting Solitaire books. I just got Mary Whitmore Jones' "Games Of Patience" (all five books bound in large victorian volume) from 1899 for ~20 US-$ on eBay a few weeks ago. So if anybody here collects Solitaire books as well: I'm interested. But you won't get my Mrs Jones. Forget it.

But back to the iPad: Does anybody here have one yet? - Or is anybody planning to get one?
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 1226
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 11:59 pm:   

Sounds very German. Prochnow. That means, you can get the iPad at 28. of may. Tell me then, that it is useful to buy one.
Thomas Warfield (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2010 - 9:49 am:   

I love my iPad, I use it more than my laptop. It is just fabulous.

Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Kathyquade

Post Number: 780
Posted on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 6:22 am:   

I don't know anything about the iPad. What is it's advantage over the laptop?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 1638
Posted on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 2:05 pm:   

I should leave this for the people that actually have one. It is smaller and lighter than a laptop. And that's all I know for sure. The rest I have heard is just rumor. No USB port. No multitask and the keyboard may be awkward for some. I don't know if you can hook up wireless to the internet from anywhere without a local wifi connection.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 469
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2010 - 9:25 am:   

>Since I'm sort of new to this forum: Hi! I'm Jens (which is a male European name), and I'm sort of collecting Solitaire books. I just got Mary Whitmore Jones' "Games Of Patience" (all five books bound in large victorian volume) from 1899 for ~20 US-$ on eBay a few weeks ago. So if anybody here collects Solitaire books as well: I'm interested. But you won't get my Mrs Jones. Forget it.

I also collect Solitaire books (and, more generally, rule books for traditional games), but I am not "serious" in the sense of knowing every book I do not have and seeking them out. I probably have a couple dozen Solitaire-specific books, but they are not sorted at the moment (due to unforeseen circumstances).

I have a Second Edition of Miss Whitmore Jones' Games of Patience, which has 34 "chapters" (games), so I am curious what you mean by "all five books". Do I only have a part of a collection?

You may be interested to know that I also have Dick's Games of Patience or Solitaire with Cards, from 1883, "containing forty-four games". Alas, the condition leaves something to be desired (but it was well-loved, apparently :-)).

>But back to the iPad: Does anybody here have one yet? - Or is anybody planning to get one?

Yes, I have one (but that will be obvious to some :-)), and I am planning to get another one reasonably soon because the current one gets enough use that we could use another (3G, maybe).

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration