Messages to other players? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Messages to other players? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Barbara Kittler (Bkittler)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Bkittler

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 3:29 pm:   

Noticed in the "online" stat's with Freecell, there are a few players that have been able to get messages in their name/address fields. Any idea how this is done? Would love to say hi to a player that I've been "playing against" for some time now. Tried to change my address to see if that would take but that didn't seem to be the solution.....any ideas?
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 8:50 pm:   

Found out how to do it! Just put a slash after your name and you have a few spaces to say HI!
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 242
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 9:16 am:   

So you woud be posting with a name + message until you change again at the next online submission?

I wanted to send an e-mail to a person on this forum, but almost nobody has her/his address online, and with good reason.
Thomas, is there a simple way this could be done, without troubling you? Sending you an e-mail, that you would forward to the person I want to contact, so that person would e-mail me asking what I want - that's definitely too complicated.
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 10:15 am:   

Rachel-
Yes, the update seems to take place when you've submitted a new score. Tried it a few times and it seemed to work. Wish there was a way to say "hi" to other players but this might just work.
Barbara
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 790
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 10:24 am:   

I would prefer that people not put anything in these fields other than the intended name and location. I've already deleted a few scores with messages in them.

Rachel, unfortunately there isn't really any good way to contact someone else, unless they post their email address. The problem with posting an email address, of course, is that then it will get picked up by the email harvester programs that scan the internet for email address and then send spam. That's the reason we dropped addresses from showing on the forum.

Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 11:19 am:   

Thomas-
Mea cupla, mea cupla... please forgive me? Definately wouldn't want to have my 6500 games of FreeCell purged!
Barbara
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 245
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 2:05 pm:   

>The problem with posting an email address, of course, is that then it will get picked up by the email harvester programs that scan the internet for email address and then send spam. That's the reason we dropped addresses from showing on the forum.

Of course, I understand that. Once I posted off topic to get to someone, but I don't plan to repeat that.
I noticed that in the present messages the posters have no addresses, but I found addresses in 2003 messages, and now of anonymous posters.
Anyway, I found Gregg's e-mail which I missed before.
If you want to help the posters -also past ones, to get less junk, maybe you should get that off from all posters. Or maybe that would be closing the barn gate after the horses escaped.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration