Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Chrome OS version « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Amesja Ableson (Amesja)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Amesja

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 10:20 am:   

I recently was able to play around with the new Cr-48 Chrome OS netbook. It is pretty awesome except for the fact that there are no usable Freecell options for the Chrome Netbook.

Even the online versions of Freecell are pretty bad compared to Freecell Wizard. One of the issues with the Cr-48 netbook is the way the mouse works. Dragging and dropping with the mouse is not easy. A Freecell addict needs to have the left-click option to make playing work well.

Are there any plans of making a Chrome app or even Extension that will give the Chrome netbook pilot an online (or better yet and offline) version of Freecell Wizard that acts like the Windows or Mac resident program?
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 526
Posted on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 11:32 am:   

>Are there any plans of making a Chrome app or even Extension that will give the Chrome netbook pilot an online (or better yet and offline) version of Freecell Wizard that acts like the Windows or Mac resident program?

I cannot speak to future plans, but since Chrome OS is based on Linux, you may be able to run FreeCell Wizard in Wine or a similar program. Unfortunately, I have no direct experience with that so I cannot really help (nor even confirm that it works).

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration