Spider Two Statistics - for real? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Spider Two Statistics - for real? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

betty brown (Racemama)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Racemama

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 3:59 pm:   

How is it possible for people to get 100% win rate on Spider Two with thousands of games? Is it possible to cheat on the statistics in the game? Is it possible that people cheated when uploading their particular statistics?
I have been playing Spider for years, have thousands of games under me and I think I'm quite good - but cannot get over 50% win rate. I read all the tips, and have followed them for years. So... are these high score statistics for real? Please help me settle this! If they are, I won't be able to quit playing until I reach 100%!!
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 4:35 pm:   

I think it is possible to post erroneous statistics.

It would be a big bother, with a minimum of 50 games, but a cheater with little else to do, could contrive to get 100%, if he was able to win one game. And I suppose he could play it thousands of times, but WHY???

I have found only one game I think can ALWAYS be won, and I have posted 100% for 100 games of Maze. I have restarted a particular game several times, but in the end, I have always been able to win it. I have no skipped games in my 100, either. Some other people have 100% for Maze, too. It is a fun game. Another game I like is Zeus, which I have just started playing. It is for sure not 100% winnable.

I cannot get 100% for Spider 2 suits, and don't particularly enjoy playing that one either.

Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 915
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 12:51 pm:   

Yes, it is possible to score 100% on Spider Two Suits. It is also possible to do it with Spider itself, although it is much harder.

Almost all Spider games are winnable (only a small number are not, unwinnable Spider games can be constructed but they appear to be rare).

Spider Two Suits is much easier than Spider and probably has even fewer unwinnable games. I believe I have won every Spider Two Suits game I have seriously tried (it can often require a lot of backtracking to work out).

Spider and its relatives are mostly a matter of patience and trying all options.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration