Help! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Help! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

gordon foster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 11:37 am:   

Can anyone help me with a problem? When I open up FreeCell on my computer (Windows 98) for some reason it won't let me play. As soon as I move the cursor over the green background that irritating hour glass comes up and won't go away, and nothing I try to do will shift it. I've never had a problem until a few days ago (well, not with freecell anyway) Ideas, anyone?
Frank D'Urso (Frank_durso)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Frank_durso

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 1:14 pm:   

have you tried rebooting?

when i reboot, and my machine comes up in safe mode,
i play MS freecell.

When i get back to normal i play good sol games, freecell among them.

I fond that starting and exiting ggodsol is good fro system memory, goodsol seems to clean up afteritself better than most programs. I notice that it must have some sort of concientious memory management going on, if so thanks Tom!!!
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 236
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 12:15 pm:   

I take it you are referring to the Microsoft FreeCell game. It's hard to tell what may be happening with that game, there is a known interaction problem between it and some versions of Internet Explorer.

For a much better FreeCell game, see our game FreeCell Wizard at <http://www.freecellwizard.com>.
Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 8:02 am:   

I badly need help! After re-setting some user profiles on my computer I have found that all my goodsol stats are frozen. You can no longer change a particular game on selecting new game, they don't go up or down whether you lose or win!I have re-set the above profiles but stats are still frozen.

Post Number: 362
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 11:05 am:   

Click on the Options menu on the main screen, go to Preferences, and make sure that "Keep Game Statistics" is checked. If it isn't, the game won't keep game statistics.
beckytodd
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 1:37 pm:   

we had set preferences as described hence 3712 on spider, this is a recent problem caused by re-setting profiles in other parts of the computer. I did not alter the goodsol preferences at all.

Post Number: 372
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 2:30 pm:   

Statistics are stored on a per Windows user basis. So if you change your Windows users, that could affect your statistics. All the statistics is stored in the files in the Documents and Settings Application Data area in XP, so you may need to copy files over from one user area to another if you create a new Windows user and you want to keep your statistics.
barb
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 1:25 pm:   

everytime I close out your program I get the warning that goodsol has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. It is popping up twice. I removed the original version I had purchased and then redownloaded it again and now it is still popping up the warning. what can i do?

Post Number: 386
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 8:15 pm:   

>everytime I close out your program I get the warning that goodsol has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down

Illegal operation errors (or General Protection Faults) can be caused by a lot of things, but the best thing to do first is reboot, uninstall and reinstall. Also close other running programs can help.
Taniastouch
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 1:23 am:   

I have uninstalled pretty good solitaire about a week ago and I have not got my money back in my account yet. If I just uninstalled it off my computer will I get my money back, is there anything else I need to do?

Post Number: 415
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 8:26 pm:   

If you want a refund, you have to contact us at orders@goodsol.com . Just uninstalling doesn't do anything except remove the game from your computer. That has nothing to do with the ordering process.
Turner (Turner)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Turner

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 2:37 am:   

Hi
I heard a rumor from the IS dept where I work that sometimes McAfee Antivirus can screw up the Windows games. If you are running McAfee, try turning it off, reboot, and then play the Windows Freecell. Just a thought...
Glenn Ellison
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 6:21 am:   

Help! My son selected one of the games (not sure which one) and it prompted him to change the pixel size. When he did, the screen view went microsmall and it rolls, like old TV's with a horizontal hold problem. Rebooting, checking setup, etc did nothing. How do I change it back? It is so small I cannot read the buttons and need geographic help.

Post Number: 463
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 10:32 am:   

To change the screen resolution, go to the main screen of the game and select "Change Screen Resolution" from the Options menu. You can also change screen resolutions in Windows from the Control Panel, Display Applet, Settings Tab
Myrna Young
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 11:02 pm:   

I have a problem with Little Billie,after I click on it,and the cards are laid out they won't turn only there backs show, is there anything that can be done about this?
Myrna Young
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 11:09 pm:   

I have solved my problem with Little Billie. Thanks anyway.
Wayne Burrow
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 67.150.110.147
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 8:32 pm:   

I accidentally hit the "NEW GAME" button while playing Double Yukon, and the game I was playing regestered as a loss on my stats. I didn't want a new game but I couldn't do anything about it. I'm thinking that there should be a window pop up and say... "are you sure you want a new game?"
By the way, is there anyway to get the loss off of my stats? I'm not a cheater and I don't like cheaters, but, I feel that I was denied an opportunity to "make sure" of what I really wanted to do.
P.S. I have paid for this game and have registered it, but I'm not sure if I have an account so I'm just going to put my full name and hope that someone answers me!!!!!

(Message approved by admin)
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 430
Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 - 1:35 pm:   

Wayne - in Options Preferences you can select Confirm New Games, exactly what you ask for.
susierice
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 24.110.232.29
Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 12:05 pm:   

When i click on my windows 98 solitaire game, a window pops up and says I have performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. I have went through the procedure twice of unistalling and reinstalling the game. But that doesnt seem to help. The illeagal operation window still keeps popping up.It also pops up when I try to print documents in my microsoft office. Can someone help me with this, please?

(Message approved by admin)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration