What you Listen to while Playing Soli... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » What you Listen to while Playing Solitaire « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 389
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 8:54 am:   

Hi was wondering what people listen to while playing solitaire.

I am currently listening to the 2nd Act of Gotterdammerung from Wagners ring in the Solti recording with the 3rd Act later on
I am also going through all the Bach cantatas
pondpaul
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 1212
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 9:02 am:   

Our tastes are so similar. I have "Flintstones, The Movie" playing in the background.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 364
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 10:30 am:   

I like to listen to the replay of the Iowa Hawkeye football games!!!
ON IOWA!!!! (Class of 1980)
WIIILLLMMMMMAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 312
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 4:59 pm:   

I usually listen to the sound of my wifes voice yelling at me. Actually I don't listen. But I hear it. Going on and on and on.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1217
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 5:24 pm:   

My best one liner regarded a previous partner whose tongue seldom stopped. After a long monologue she took a mouthful of coffee and lost track of her conversation. "What was I saying again?" she enquired. "I've no idea," I replied. "Were you not listening either?"
The ability to switch off completely is an art form Mike. Well done. We're proud of you.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 367
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 7:32 pm:   

Thankfully, I'm not married. But my brother has a wife like Mike's. The only time that he is grateful to be deaf in one ear is when they're in bed and she's yammering away. He just rolls over and falls right to sleep. Ken
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1218
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 2:57 am:   

Get her mouth bricked up Mike.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 313
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 6:10 pm:   

Like that would stop her. I do get a break now and then and when I do I listen to folk music on my XM Radio. They even play some Scottish tunes.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1220
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 11:32 pm:   

It may be helpful if the next time she's nipping your ears, you get a mental picture of a bricklayer with a pile of bricks, a bucket of cement and a trowel, measuring up her gob for the implant. You can't burst out laughing though.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 314
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 1:21 am:   

A concrete slab might work better. Oh well. I guess it's good that I at least have someone who will pay some attention to me. Even if it is to yell at me for putting something that I have never seen somewhere I don't know about. Back to the music. I have worked on a lot of Operas. Only a few arias I like. So I don't listen to opera. I do listen to Broadway show tunes. Also the local base/ball and hockey teams. Not all at once of course.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1222
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 4:53 am:   

You're obviously her "Whipping Boy". Someone has to suffer if something displeases her, and you my friend are that person. Sounds as if she is an alpha female. Call her Alf and see how she responds.
Invariably when I'm playing PGS I do so in silence. Ever the sounds are turned off in the games options. In the evening Liz will have the telly on, and I treat that at just an additional irritating noise.
Pandora's box was opened this morning at 05.10 and I'm getting stuff installed now. It's in the middle of installing Norton and running a scan. Reduced to using the lap top at present.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration