Warn when you loseRik Pierce 1-28-05  7:54 pm
Free CellThomas Warfield 5-28-03  1:50 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

JC (Myallycat)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Myallycat

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 7:17 pm:   

Hi....Great game. I love to play solitaire. Got a couple of suggestions for PGS that would like to see in the future.

1. Would like to be able to edit the game toolbar.
2. How about adding some more sounds to game. Like when playing a card, sound when a card goes to the foundation pile, etc.
3. Being able to edit those sounds.

Anyway thanks for a great game.

Jana
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 333
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 2:01 pm:   

Hi Jana,

Glad you like the game!

These are all things that I'd like to get in the game eventually.

You can actually edit the sounds currently by just changing the .wav files in the sounds folder under the main game folder. As long as the files are named as they are, it doesn't matter what the sounds actually are.
Margo Kane (Chimera)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Chimera

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 4:07 pm:   

Thanks for great games.

Some makers offer Belle Lucie "with a draw" meaning that, after all deals are finished, one card can be brought forward in a fan -- this makes for more wins but doesn't make the game overly easy. It could be an "option".

Also, some makers offer a choice of two or three redeals, as an "Option" in this game.

Keep up the great work.

Post Number: 641
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 5:24 pm:   

Margo,

See the game "Three Shuffles and a Draw". That is La Belle Lucie with a draw.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 4:23 pm:   

I'll kick this topic back to life with a suggestion that's fairly closely related to JC's.

It would be VERY handy to have the "Add game to favorites" available in the toolbar, either instead of or in addition to in the menu. It's probably a safe bet that it's one of the most-used menu entries.

It would also be nice to be able to do this with a highlighted game in the main menu, without having to go into the game itself.

Post Number: 683
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 9:36 am:   

Thanks for the suggestion, Mike.

Actually, that particular feature isn't really used much, since it is only used once in any game. The toolbar is for functions that get used often, especially those that might be used multiple times when you play a single game.

The add game to favorites and the create shortcut on desktop functions are used only once in any given game, ever, so it doesn't make much sense to put them on the toolbar.
Miriam Frankort (Miriam)
Solitaire Player
Username: Miriam

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 2:45 am:   

What I would like to see in the game:
Score percentage with 2 decimals. I am very, very slowly improving my score of spider. It now takes about 30 games to advance 0.1. It would be nice if I could see the progress some more.
Avarage score like it is in the help function, also visible in the individual game statistics.

Post Number: 697
Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 1:54 pm:   

Thanks for the suggestions!
Rik Pierce (Rik_pierce)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Rik_pierce

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 12:42 pm:   

I would like to see the old ranking of 1 being the highest score 2 second and so forth. Right now I am ranked as #1 in Freecell although there are 40 people with higher scores. I could see how I was doing when life grabs me and I don't get to play for a week or so and come back to see my rank. I love playing Freecell, and the stats just make it that much more enduring. Thanks.
Rik Pierce (Rik_pierce)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Rik_pierce

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 12:45 pm:   

Is there a way of capturing the moves you make and sending them to a friend to show him a solution to a game he thought impossible?
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 54
Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 2:34 pm:   

Ok, here's one that's the opposite of what I'd previously suggested, re favorites. How about a more convenient way to REMOVE a game from Favorites?

Maybe there's a way to make the "Add to favorites" menu item an add/remove toggle, depending on whether the game's already in Favorites?
Salaidh Brown (Sali)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Sali

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 5:11 am:   

Rik... You are not alone! I too am frustrated by the fact that the earlier games I played & recorded as losses, remain as losses even though I've gone back and eventually solved them.

I also mistakenly clicked on 'Play Game #xxxxx' & couldn't believe this counted as a loss on the game I was playing.

I like your idea of a warning.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration