Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Thanks for the tool-tips « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 4:58 pm:   

This was probably brought up before, but I've missed that thread if it did. They go back to 9.0, I think (I just downloaded and installed 9.1 this afternoon, and am exploring the new games).

They're VERY handy (to me, anyway) as a quick-reference reminder without having to open the rules for a particular game in the middle of it.

One place they're particularly useful is in games (like most of the the Canfield family) where the foundation base varies from game to game. I've noticed that the status bar in some games doesn't show what the base card is, and the tool tip on an empty foundation space is a handy reminder.

Actually, that leads to a suggestion -- any thought to modifying the programming so that trying to build a tableau pile on what should be a foundation base card is automatically rejected? We've probably all carelessly done that at one time or another, and of course it makes the game virtually unwinnable.

That prohibition is quite common with other companies' card games (naming no names), and maybe worth looking into if it wouldn't mean a few zillion man-hours at your end.

Best,
Mike
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 346
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 3:18 pm:   

Hi Mike,
I hadn't thought about doing that. It's something that I might add in the future, but... it seems to me that's part of the game to avoid doing that.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration