Shareware Industry Awards Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Shareware Industry Awards « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Yoda

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 2:00 pm:   

Hey Thomas, Do you have the results of the Shareware Industry awards - and did you win.
Mary
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 431
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 3:40 pm:   

No, we didn't. Kyodai MahJongg won again this year.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 2:25 pm:   

Mary, did you think that Thomas would keep quiet about winning, if PGS won?

I learned of Kyodai when I was Beta tester for PGMJ, and admired the graphics, didn't test all the effects - my grandchildren said WOW.

I think it's important for the two games to go into different directions, PGS is for thinking, and Kyodai for visual enjoyment. I'm glad that in PGS I'm not prompted to change all the time to new DirectX and new graphic cards.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 11:36 am:   

I can't help but wonder if things would have been different if voting had gone smoother.

If you recall (or check back to the thread where Thomas first announced the upcoming awards), one heck of a lot of us weren't able to vote because of ? - server problems? - at the voting site. Many of us like myself got part-way through but weren't able to complete the procedure -- I never got to see the lists of candidates, for instance.
Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Username: Yoda

Post Number: 31
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 1:07 pm:   

Yes, that is true, I could never get to vote, and I tried with 3 different screen names. I thought that maybe there would be first, second and third placings.
In answer to you, Rachel, I am sure that if PGS won, Thomas would have announced it, I was not sure how long it takes to get the results out, once they are all in.
I do not like games that have a lot of graphics, PGS is my style - using the mind and concentrating - (I could say 'losing' the mind!!).
Have a great weekend everyone
Mary
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 438
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 4:03 pm:   

Yes, if we had won it would have been in the last newsletter.

Kyodai has great graphics and we intend to make the graphics in PGMJ better, with some new backgrounds, new tile sets, etc. We want PGMJ to be competitive with Kyodai in the tile matching game. Still, PGMJ is more than a tile matching game, so we also want to continue to make it different from Kyodai with new original tile games that aren't like what you see in Kyodai. That's where the real future for PGMJ lies.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 113
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 2:01 pm:   

I too was one of the many unsuccessful voters.
I wonder how many were able to vote, you'll never know how many tried, failed, and gave up without comlpaining. And complaints don't count officialy, I guess.

Kjell Petterson (Kjell)
Solitaire Player
Username: Kjell

Post Number: 23
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 2:17 pm:   

I believe that I tried four times before giving up.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration