Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Import Statistics « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jamie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 7:43 am:   

Hi,
I'm running Win98 and will soon buy a new computer with XP. I would really really like to be able to copy, or export, my current game statistics from the 98 machine to the new XP machine when I get it. How do I do this? (I really don't want to lose my statistics)
Thanks
Jamie
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 470
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 7:45 am:   

To copy your statistics, you need to copy the entire data folder.

In version 7.2 and earlier, the data folder is the Games folder under the main program folder (for the Quest Edition, this would usually be C:\Program Files\goodsol01\Games).

In version 8.0 and higher, the data folder location depends on the version of Windows. In Windows 98/ME, it is usually the C:\Windows\Application Data\Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire folder. In Windows NT/2000 and XP, it is usually the C:\Documents and Settings\[Windows User Name]\Application
Data\Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire folder, where [Windows User Name] is your user name for Windows.

Jamie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 7:51 am:   

My apologizes...I forgot to mention that I want to do this for Freecell; the version that comes with windows. Not GoodSol. My bad.
Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 3:46 pm:   

What is the highest score ever on Spider Solitaire; the one suite style?

Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 36
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 9:06 pm:   

>What is the highest score ever on Spider Solitaire; the one suite style?

The high score in Spider One Suit in Pretty Good Solitaire would have to be 104, since that is a victorious game. :-)

If you are talking about Action Solitaire, my personal high score is 8322300 (round 45). I do not know if anybody has done better, but I certainly expect somebody has. We will have online high scores implemented in the near future, and then we all be able to find out for sure.
Charles J. Kupcek (Telman2)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Telman2

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 11:14 am:   

I to am trying to move my game data (PGS 9.2.0)from my old computer 98se to my new computer XPHE. I have located the files I need on the old computer but I can not find the place I am suppose to move them to on XP. I can find C:\Documents and settings\(Windows user name)\ but that is it. I can't find \Applicaton data\goodsol\pretty good solitaire folder. I have the game installed on the new computer and have played a few games on it thinking I needed to do that in order to create the files. Please if you can HELP!
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 101
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 11:34 am:   

>I can't find \Applicaton data\goodsol\pretty good solitaire folder. I have the game installed on the new computer and have played a few games on it thinking I needed to do that in order to create the files. Please if you can HELP!

The 'Application Data' directory is hidden for some reason, but it is there. Playing a few games would, indeed, add the 'Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire' folder, so that was good thinking.

Anyway, here is a little trick for quickly finding the 'Application Data' directory:

1) Click the 'Start' button
2) Select 'Run...' to open the 'Run' dialog box
3) In the 'Open:' edit box, type "%appdata%" (without the quotes)
4) Click 'OK'

You should see an explorer window open to the correct directory, in which you will find the 'Goodsol' folder, and in that, the 'Pretty Good Solitaire' folder. (This works in either Windows 2000 or Windows XP.)

I hope this helps.
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 84
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 11:47 am:   

HI

on the xp the files are hidden but it is easy to unhide them
so do the following Start Control panel then double click folder options View then under hidden files there are 2 circles and select the one that shows hidden files and you can then see all the files.
bye
Charles J. Kupcek (Telman2)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Telman2

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 1:43 pm:   

I just wanted to say thank you to both Greg Seelhoff and Paul Forsdick with your help I was able to get my game files transfered to my new computer. Thank you again gentlemen.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration