Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Right Click options « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Paul Kettle Jr (Pjkettlejr)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Pjkettlejr

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 6:55 am:   

Is it possible to assign specific actions to the right mouse button when it is not over an active card? My suggestion is that clicking the right mouse button would bring up a menu with at least four choices: Undo, Redo, Snapshot, and Undosnap. Then the usual left click would activate the selected command.

This would be of help to those of us who have limited or difficult movement in our hands. Rather than having to move the mouse to the toolbar repeatedly during a difficult game, parking the cursor in an empty spot and doing the right-click menu would limit the amount of hand movements.

This may also correct or limit a problem I read in another post about hitting the wrong button in the toolbar when using one of the available options.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Paul
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 379
Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 7:57 am:   

>Is it possible to assign specific actions to the right mouse button when it is not over an active card? My suggestion is that clicking the right mouse button would bring up a menu with at least four choices: Undo, Redo, Snapshot, and Undosnap. Then the usual left click would activate the selected command.

It is certainly technologically possible, but I am not sure (and it is not my call) whether it is a design choice that will be made, although it will certainly (now) be considered.

However, in the meantime, it may (or may not :-)) be helpful to think about some of the already available shortcuts. The [backspace] and [spacebar] work for 'undo' and 'redo', respectively, in most Goodsol games, as well as [Ctrl-Z] and [Ctrl-Y], with [Ctrl-P] and [Ctrl-Q] for 'snapshot' and 'undosnap'. With a 3-button mouse, including those with a wheel, clicking the third button (or wheel) is a shortcut for 'undo' as well. Some more advanced mouse/software combinations can be programmed for additional (or different) functionality, too.

Personally, I click the right mouse button for most of my moves, the left button when dragging a card to a specific location, and the scroll wheel to undo a move. I use the other three features you mentioned (redo, snapshot, and undosnap) infrequently enough that moving to the toolbar is not a problem.
Paul Kettle Jr (Pjkettlejr)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Pjkettlejr

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 4:05 pm:   

Gregg,

Thanks for the info on the shortcuts. I'll give them a try and see if they work better than the mouse.

The Snapshot and Undosnap are ones I use often in a game. My hands and fingers move everywhere except where I want them to. Setting a "Snapshot" pinpoint allows me to revert to a known state in one mouse click instead of having to do multiple "Undo's."

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Paul

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration