New Newsletter System - Cat Cards, PG... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » New Newsletter System - Cat Cards, PGS ScreenSaver « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Mahjongg Gregg Seelhoff 12-30-03  1:32 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 562
Posted on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 1:33 pm:   

Hi everyone,

We are switching to a new newsletter mailing system. We have had some problems with our old system, plus it lacked a number of features I would like to have, so we have found a new and better system.

As part of the switch over to the new system, every newsletter subscriber will need to re-subscribe to the newsletter to continue receiving it. We will be sending a final newsletter to all current subscribers with information about how to re-subscribe.

If you would like to get on the new list before the final newsletter to the old list goes out, just go to

http://www.goodsol.com/newsletter.html

and sign up for the newsletter under the new system. You will receive a confirmation email with a link you need to click on to confirm your newsletter subscription (that is, the new system is what is called a double opt-in system).

As a special bonus for subscribing to the new newsletter, once your subscription is confirmed you will be able to download two new free bonus downloads. First is a new card set, the Cat Card Set, which features pictures of cats on the cards. Second is a Pretty Good Solitaire ScreenSaver, which is a screensaver of the Pretty Good Solitaire victory animation. Both downloads will be available only to new newsletter subscribers, they won't be available on the general web site for awhile.

Cat Card Set

Again, just go to

http://www.goodsol.com/newsletter.html

Subscribe to the new newsletter system and you'll get access to the Cat Card Set and Pretty Good Solitaire ScreenSaver downloads.

I think the new newsletter system will be a big improvement from the old system, we have had problems with reliability with the old system. The new Cat Card Set is very nice, subscribe to the new newsletter and download it, it will work in Pretty Good Solitaire, Action Solitaire, FreeCell Wizard, or Spider Wizard.

Tom
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 8:52 am:   

The cats are lovely. Only the border is very light, and when a pile is open the cards aren't well separated. I'm using 600X800 resolution.
Diana Wu (Diana)
Solitaire Player
Username: Diana

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 10:14 pm:   

The screensaver is great!! The only thing is: could you make it use ALL the card sets? Either that or you can have the option of checking off the card sets you want to use.

The cat cards are awesome too!
Sarita Levinthal (Sari303)
Solitaire Player
Username: Sari303

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 10:18 am:   

i really love the new cat cards...thank you for making them...a quick question if i bought pgs in 2001 how long do the upgrades last for...
Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 38
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 8:35 pm:   

Today came a milestone for me. I've solved 400 of the current 570 games although I've not managed to win All in a Row, which is rated as easy. The goal was to win one of each label but I fear that Thomas will add more games faster than I can solve them! Oh, well, the trying is all. Audrey
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 7:53 am:   

I've won 480 of the 570 games. Has anybody won them all?
Audrey G Schnell (Paxinc)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 9:31 am:   

Wow, Ken. I've got a long way to go especially since I'm working on Alternations and Waxing Moon. Audrey
Peg Mueller (Tzrnpeg)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Tzrnpeg

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 9:49 am:   

I've won 540 of the games and I'm not sure I can win any more of them. But I'm still trying.
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 4:26 pm:   

I too am impressed with Ken as I am only up to 407 won out of 570
If you wanted a solution to alternations i can send you a list of the winning movesfor one of the games if you want to email me at pondpaul@hotmail.com
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 8:52 am:   

Audrey, Try #1553479936 for Waxing Moon. Good luck! Peg, which games haven't you won? Maybe we can help each other out!
Peg Mueller (Tzrnpeg)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 1:13 pm:   

I haven't won Thirteen Packs, Kings and Aces, Roosevelt, Kingdom, Picture Patience, Bridesmaids, Archway, Robert, Penelope's Web, British Canister, One234, Spaces and Aces, Boudoir, Forwards and Backwards, Idle Aces, Knotty Nines, Reserves, German Patience, Queens and Jacks, Little Thieves, Forty-Nine, Accordion, Contradance, The Plot, Interchange, Diavolo, and Fourteens. I won All in a Row, but the game didn't recognize the win. Very frustrating!
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 1:24 pm:   

Hi
not much help I am afraid
I have one Forty Nine game 371399969
Interchange 2147483647 and Diavalo 100463
mostly from help on the forum
Peg Mueller (Tzrnpeg)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 1:29 pm:   

I could probably win Interchange 2147483647, but I feel it is sort of cheating since that is the unshuffled deck. <g>
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 11:06 pm:   

Peg, Try Roosevelt 2046771584
Kingdom 1490779008
The Plot 1115340800
Good luck!
Peg Mueller (Tzrnpeg)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 11:01 am:   

Thanks! I won The Plot with your game number. Still working on the other two - I'm close, but no win yet.
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 10:12 am:   

Peg (or anybody), Do you have a winning # for TetSol and/or Ladies Battle? Thanks!
Peg Mueller (Tzrnpeg)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 12:30 pm:   

Ken -
Ladies Battle - 56224177
TetSol - 2030445312

Good luck!
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 10:00 am:   

Hey Peg, I won them both thanks to you. Appreciate it!
Peg Mueller (Tzrnpeg)
Solitaire Player

Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 6:15 pm:   

Does anyone have a winning game number for Archway?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration