Uninstallation blues Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Uninstallation blues « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Linda Wilkinson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 7:43 pm:   

Got too overenthusiastic and uninstalled versions 2K and 500, hoping to save disk space & just keep version 9.1.0. But it uninstalled goodsol.exe so now I can't play -- wah!!! I've sent away for my registration code so I can reinstall - hope it's quick 'cuz I need my fix. Anyone know why do I have to have more than one version on there in order to run the newest one?

I'm addicted to Spider 2 suits, BTW. Got about a 22% win rate.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 10:45 am:   

Hi,

This is apparently a glitch in some (probably most, from experience) versions of Windows. I'll often see the same program listed twice in the Add/Remove Programs list, especially (but not necessarily) if the "descriptive name" has changed slightly.

And there's no need to uninstall first anyway -- if you install a newer version of PGS over an older one (if not TOO antique), it actually has the advantage of automatically picking up your reg. code and saved preferences (AND, I think, game history stats).

Another related good idea is to set up a separate mailbox to save letters showing reg. codes, log-in names, and things like that. You might find you've still got the original letter from GoodSol with your reg. code somewhere.

Best,
Mike

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration