Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Problem posting messages « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Kathyquade

Post Number: 320
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 3:50 pm:   

I am having problems when I go to post a message. I see the message "loading", but the message never stops. If I stop it myself and then come back to the forum, the message was posted. This only happens with PGS. Is it a problem with my computer? I did just recently install Norton Security. Could that be the problem?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 1433
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 5:11 pm:   

That happens to me once in a while too Kathy. This looks like another "Wait for the expert" case. But I would not worry about it. Just wait as you are doing and then check the forum to see if your message went through.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 5:13 pm:   

In fact it happened with that message. Interesting.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 321
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 6:10 pm:   

Yes. As I said, it has only happened so far with PGS. Could it have something to do with the new version just out?
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 325
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 9:05 pm:   

FYI, I sent a message to Technical Support about the "loading" problem when posting messages late Sunday night. Since I'm usually the only one playing late at night, I thought I'd go ahead and report the problem.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 570
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2010 - 1:15 am:   

I have had it yesterday too. And there is another problem. Since i have loaded Windows 7, the posts are often in a whole (?) line, so that i have to scroll to the right to read the end of the message.

(You remember Kathy, you once didn't find an uploaded file from Trisha, because it was to much to the right side. I hope they will fix this soon.)
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 326
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2010 - 2:19 am:   

Markus, I don't think it's because of
Windows 7. I have Windows XP, and lately, like you said, I too have to scroll over to the right to see the whole message.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 327
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2010 - 2:22 am:   

Just now when I posted a reply to your message, it loaded okay. So I don't know what is going on unless someone fixed it during the night. We'll see if it happens again today.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1350
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2010 - 8:40 am:   

First, the forum is just software on a web server and has nothing to do with PGS or what version of PGS you have.

Most likely, the server was just having some issues, possibly the hard drive was getting full. I've deleted a bunch of log files on the server which should improve performance.

Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1439
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2010 - 4:01 pm:   

This happens every now and then. It is nothing to get overly excited about. It is certainly not a problem with PGS.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration