Voting for shareware - People's Choic... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Voting for shareware - People's Choice « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 137
Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 1:32 am:   

I voted the moment I got the e-mail about this. After last year's disappointment about the voting site, I hope it's better this year. The check I made - trying to vote a second time, I couldn't.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 704
Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 1:07 pm:   

They always seem to have server problems, although I can access the site OK.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 139
Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 3:10 pm:   

Since I can't vote a second time, I suppose it works this year. In your newsletter there were several subjects, and people might not read to the end. I think you should post a separate newletter with the Voting for Shareware in the subject line, it will be better noticed.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 12:12 pm:   

I did succeed in voting this year, with too server glitches last year before I gave up then. And naturally PGS was my first choice, plus one other game and a utility.

I thought that in the past, they'd set voting up broken down into categories of games etc. Is this 7-of-anything new, or did I misunderstand the old arrangement? (Never did succeed in getting as far as the ballot before, keep in mind.)

It would also be nice (maybe it's elsewhere on the site) if they'd clarify what they consider eligible. I just used the old quick-and-dirty rule of thumb that if it's initially free and you have to pay a (usually nominal) registration fee to get a fully functional version, or else to keep it operational past the free-trial period, then it's what we normally think of as shareware.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration