Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Diana Wu (Diana)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Diana

Post Number: 66
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 4:50 pm:   

Hi all,

I was wondering if there would be a PDA version....in the near future?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 717
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 8:16 pm:   

While I'd love to do one, there are no plans at this time for a PDA version.
Diana Wu (Diana)

Post Number: 67
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 8:34 pm:   

Oh I see.

The reason is that I am asking is that I am looking at various ones rigt now....and I'm saying to myself: "Why I have one on my laptop?" and I answer: "because I can't carry it everywhere :-):-)"

I would much rather buy a PGS version of Solitaire as I know how much time and effort you guys put into it.

Is there any way I can change your mind?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 718
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 1:02 pm:   

I'd love to do PDA versions, but it would require starting from scratch and doing a whole new program. I don't have the time to do that, which would require finding some programmer to do it. It's tough to find good programmers to do projects like that.
mark william todd (Mwtodd)
Username: Mwtodd

Post Number: 54
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 2:12 pm:   

OK, I give up what are you guys talking about? I mean PDA, Please enlighten us;
Diana Wu (Diana)

Post Number: 68
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 2:24 pm:   

PDA=Personal Digital Assistant. A Palmtop.....you know a handheld computer.
mark william todd (Mwtodd)
Username: Mwtodd

Post Number: 55
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 3:48 pm:   

thankyou Diana, I really have learnt something today; I must read more up to date material;
Diana Wu (Diana)

Post Number: 69
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 2:03 pm:   

Drat Thomas, that would mean I would have to break down and buy another solitaire pack.
Miriam Frankort (Miriam)
Solitaire Player
Username: Miriam

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 10:21 am:   

I think I tried all the existing solitaire games on my Palm, but I didn't like any of them. The screen is to small for Spider, my favorite.
But if you like puzzles, why not try PictureLogic for Palm? It keeps me from longing for my pc to play PGS whenever I am away.
Diana Wu (Diana)

Post Number: 71
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 1:26 pm:   

I don't mind the smaller screen for my card games. I acutally found one that was ok and has 'most' of what I love PGS for.

It's a pack of 300 games of Solitaire.....so I don't mind THAT much when I can't get to my laptop.
Miriam Frankort (Miriam)
Solitaire Player
Username: Miriam

Post Number: 24
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 6:13 am:   

Diana,
Would you mind telling me which one you bought? There is a lot of 'waiting time' coming my way.
Diana Wu (Diana)

Post Number: 72
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 6:33 am:   

Sure,

It's Solitaire Mania Pro by PDArt. Very nice game. If you have one of the newest models of the Palm or Sony it's suppose to have enhanced sounds. The sequence is a little off....but they are still working on it. It's enables you to use your own background pictures, transparent cards, scoring system, and other information.

Try it out. There was another one but I've emailed the programer a few times and it took agaes and still waiting for them to gt back to me. At least with this one, they are better at responding.

If you go to PalmGear or Handango and search down for Games, Solitaire you might find others.
Janet Detter Margul (Janet)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Janet

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 9:40 am:   

Thanks for the tip on Solitaire Mania Pro. I bought it without trying it on your recommendation. :-)

I mean, I HAD TO. If I was flying in coach (where truly there is no room to play on the laptop) I just count the minutes until I can get to the hotel and get goodsol going.

I'm also a Popcap Games addict. Most are the arcade style (and I'm not very good at those) but a few are the sit and think about it kind, like solitaire, and I like those the best. Alchemy is my favorite on the Palm. I play a Mille Bourne clone game the most, I think that's called Rally or Rally 2000?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration