Mac Version 1.0 is released! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Mac Edition » Mac Version 1.0 is released! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 12:03 am:   

After years of requests, it's finally here. The Mac version of Pretty Good Solitaire is now available.

http://www.goodsol.com/mac

30 games for Mac OS X version 10.3 or higher.
Judy Jack (Judyjack)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Judyjack

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 7:11 pm:   

I just switched back from Windows to Macs after more than 10 years and more irritations than I want to describe in the last few years. The biggest loss I anticipated was Pretty Good Solitaire.

Much to my delight, I discovered the new Mac version and am working with Thomas to beta test the next release. Welcome to really good solitaire Mac fans!
Dr Richard Johnston (Scififan)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Scififan

Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 12:07 pm:   

I enjoyed the 30 game version but the new version with over 100 games is even more enjoyable! The "Climb" mode is intriguing. I didn't think it would appeal to me but actually found it rather addictive!
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 369
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 3:53 pm:   

>I enjoyed the 30 game version but the new version with over 100 games is even more enjoyable!

Excellent! :-)

>The "Climb" mode is intriguing. I didn't think it would appeal to me but actually found it rather addictive!

I am biased, but I really like it, too. (Of course, anybody can easily turn off Climb Mode with just one click if they prefer.)

Hopefully, we will see you (and all of the many Mac customers) climbing up the high scores lists and challenging/displacing the Windows players from Goodsol Solitaire 101 (who got a few month head start)!
Jane Aitkens (Janeeha)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Janeeha

Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 1:02 pm:   

I am a long-time PGS user, first in Windows and now on my Mac. (MAC OS 10.5.6) I am delighted with the 135 games for the Mac. However, it seems to be stuck in Climb mode. The New Game and Select icon are grayed out. My stats for non-climb mode are not incrementing. How does one turn off Climb mode?
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 373
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 1:12 pm:   

>How does one turn off Climb mode?

One can turn off Climb Mode from the main game list by clicking on the 'Climb Mode' button on the toolbar (the icon is grey when it is off) or by selecting 'Preferences->Climb Mode' from the menu (where a checkmark indicates that it is on). It is not possible to change Climb Mode from within a game.

I hope that helps. :-)
Jane Aitkens (Janeeha)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Janeeha

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 1:32 pm:   

Ah, that's the trick. Thanks! It isn't on the main menu ribbon by default. I kept looking for a Climb mode check box in the Preferences tabs.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration