Found another maybe-bug in statistics Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Action Solitaire Questions » Found another maybe-bug in statistics « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 112
Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 3:27 pm:   

By way of background, I usually play from the "Most recent" group (which I think I've got set to show 8 games), since Favorites doesn't seem to lend itself well to editing.

If I click on a game (without opening it) and clear its stats, the "Last played" becomes the current date and time, with the rest of that game's line blank.

Obviously if the stats are cleared then there isn't a Last Played to display. I take it that this part of the program, at least in this group, can't handle just a blank (or maybe even "never") for this data item, and has to use current date and time lacking anything else?
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 286
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   

>By way of background, I usually play from the "Most recent" group (which I think I've got set to show 8 games), since Favorites doesn't seem to lend itself well to editing.

I was just going to show you how easy it is to edit the Favorites and discovered that we have not implemented that feature yet. Ouch! :-)

Consider that added to the wish list.

>If I click on a game (without opening it) and clear its stats, the "Last played" becomes the current date and time, with the rest of that game's line blank.

That is by design. This is actually the last time that one has launched the game, rather than completed a game. (There are internal design reasons for not changing this.)

>Obviously if the stats are cleared then there isn't a Last Played to display.

Actually, since Action Solitaire is played by rounds, it is entirely possible (common even) for one to have played a game without having any statistics, due to having not finished an entire game.

Thanks for the feedback (and the discovery of a missing feature).

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration