Favourite Game of the Collection Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Action Solitaire Questions » Favourite Game of the Collection « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Liz Burrow
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 5:16 pm:   

I'm spending most of my freetime these last couple of days playing Action Solitaire. It is out of this world - and the games are all highly playable.
My current favourites would be Pelmanism - which I have been playing for 2 days, and still haven't lost ( am on level 48 ! )
a tip which may help is not to randomly click on the cards, but use a block of about 8 ( which i can remember) and then click quickly through the rest of the pack to find their pairs.. moving onto another block of 8 till they're all gone.
works for me anyway :-)

thanks for the generous discount voucher with the newsletter btw - I've taken advantage, and am proud to own this beautiful collection.

only problem now is, no time to play Pretty Good Solitaire.. oh well,

looking forward to the online scoreboard working.

best wishes]
Liz Burrow
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 467
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 5:43 pm:   

Hi Liz,
I'm glad you like the game! It's been getting a lot of downloads and orders are coming in, but I haven't gotten very many emails about it yet, so it's nice to get some feedback.

The addition of time and points really makes Pelmanism (Memory) a better game in Action Solitaire than in Pretty Good Solitaire - in PGS, it's pretty simple (although a good kid's game). But in Action Solitaire, the rounds make it challenging.

My current favorite is Hidden Sums, although I like the Pyramid type games too. I tend to play the pairing/sum games the most.
Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Yoda

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 12:33 am:   

I started out playing putt putt, then went to the hidden sums, the more rounds played, the more the tension rises, the 'sum' games are heck to play when you are tired!!! Then when you revert to PGS games you are still in the 'time' mode!!
I have had many hours playing - Action Solitaire is GREAT!!!
Roula
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 2:35 pm:   

I've downloaded Action Solitaire and love it. I'm planning to purchase it but am curious about the discount mentioned in the previous post. I didn't see mention of it in the copy emailed to me.
Liz Burrow (Lizburrow)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Lizburrow

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 5:06 pm:   

Its at the very bottom of the newsletter 66 - hope that helps :-)

Liz
Roula
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 5:52 pm:   

Unfortunately, I deleted the newsletter without seeing the discount offer. Is there anyway I can still get it? I'm a registered user of PGS and Mahjong.
Mary Tindle (Yoda)

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 7:20 pm:   

I canot find the discount offer in the newsletter. The newsletter is on the website, but it is not in there, is there a different newsletter sent out than the one put on the website?
Mary Tindle (Yoda)

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 7:28 pm:   

disregard my previous post, the newsletter sent out is different from the one posted on the board.
If you subscribe- you get the information. Roula if you email me I can send it to you? Unless Thomas would like to email you the newsletter again!
Mary
Roula
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 8:47 pm:   

Thanks Mary! You have mail:-)
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 468
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 9:17 pm:   

The discount is in the version of the newsletter sent to subscribers only. All you have to do is subscribe to the newsletter to get it :-)
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 3:17 pm:   

Gaps is my favorite. I also like Fast Fan, Get 11, and PuttPutt

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration