Major new version 0.94 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Action Solitaire Questions » Major new version 0.94 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 504
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 8:47 am:   

A major new version of Action Solitaire, version 0.94, is now available.

This version has a big new feature - you can now submit your scores to the new Action Solitaire scores web site at <http://scores.actionsol.com>. The web site updates immediately when you submit scores.

Only registered users can submit scores, but anyone can view them.

Furthermore, you can view the scores from within the game and it will tell you where you rank on the scores lists while you play a game. Then you can submit your score at the end of the game and get on the list.

I highly recommend that registered users of Action Solitaire download this new version from <http://www.actionsol.com/download.html> (Just download the trial version, it will recognize your registration code). This is a great new feature and should make Action Solitaire an even better game.
Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Solitaire Player
Username: Roula

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 9:54 am:   

I downloaded the new version, played a game of Pyramid, filled out the info in the pop-up but don't see my score posted.

Also, will this new feature post high scores if the rounds were played in the previous version? I have a high score in Pyramid of 1964810 in 67 rounds and hope it can be displayed.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 10:17 am:   

>I downloaded the new version, played a game of Pyramid, filled out the info in the pop-up but don't see my score posted.

You will need to press the 'Submit High Score Data' button to actually send in the score. When it is successfully submitted, this button will be replaced with text telling you your current ranking. After this, you should be able to see your score immediately ('View High Scores'), although you may need to refresh the page if your browser has cached it.

>Also, will this new feature post high scores if the rounds were played in the previous version?

Absolutely. You can press the 'High Scores' button on the toolbar at the main game list, and then 'Submit High Score Data' to submit your best score for every different game you have played.

Also, if you want to just submit your best score(s) for an individual game (e.g., Pyramid), open the statistics for that game and then select the 'Submit Highest Score' or 'Submit Top <x> Scores' button.

Scores are only entered once, even if submitted multiple times, so there is no problem sending a set if some scores have already been sent. (There is no need to repeatedly send exactly the same set, though. :-))

I look forward to seeing (all) your best scores on the Action Solitaire Top Scores pages.

Post Number: 505
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 11:01 am:   

Roula,
I just went to <http://scores.actionsol.com/topscores/scores/actso l/pyramid.html> and I see your 1964810 score, so you must have gotten it submitted.
Roula Vitakis (Roula)
Solitaire Player
Username: Roula

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 1:29 pm:   

Thanks Gregg and Tom
When I first submitted my score I did so upon ending a game. Entered all my data but no score made it to the website. Only when I went through the main menu, selected Action, single-clicked on Statistics and selected Pyramid did my score upload. I then uploaded my other scores in the same way.

Now the first time I attempted the upload as I described above, it wasn't a high score. Is it possible that that was the reason it didn't register?

Post Number: 506
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 2:08 pm:   

At the end of a game, it only posts the score of that game. To post your all your high scores, you need to go through the High Scores button on the main screen.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration