Autoplay too slow! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Action Solitaire Questions » Autoplay too slow! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Anne Warfield (Orders)
Username: Orders

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 4:13 pm:   

In a recent game of Yukon, I had several rounds where the only thing left to be done was for Autoplay to finish putting the cards up to the foundations, but time ran out in the middle! One round was particularly brutal as time ran out with only two kings left!

Is there any way to speed up the Autoplay?
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 57
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 8:07 am:   

>Is there any way to speed up the Autoplay?

Yes. :-)

Simply click a button or press a key and the Autoplay sequence will speed up. (The cards are individually moved without the actual animation.) The timer does not advance while the cards are moving in this 'turbo' mode.
Anne Warfield (Orders)
Username: Orders

Post Number: 19
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 5:19 pm:   

Okay, thanks!
anncoverdale
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 6:26 pm:   

I do not have an auto button on my tool bar when playing Kolndike.I have downloaded the latest [600]again still no auto button..help please
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 147
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 7:18 pm:   

>I do not have an auto button on my tool bar when playing Kolndike.I have downloaded the latest [600]again still no auto button.

I am a little confused by your question, since is posted in the Action Solitaire section, but the game with 600 games is Pretty Good Solitaire (not the action version played for points). I will try to answer either way:

Action Solitaire: There is never any 'AutoPlay' or 'AutoMove' button on the toolbar in this game. The 'AutoPlay' feature is enabled by default (for those games that support it, such as Klondike). It can be enabled or disabled from the 'Options|Game...' menu option within the individual game.

Pretty Good Solitaire: There is an 'AutoMove' button on the toolbar for manually forcing legal moves to the foundation piles, but it only appears on the toolbar when the automatic 'AutoPlay' feature is disabled. This feature can be enabled or disabled using the 'Options|AutoPlay' menu option. (It shows a checkmark when enabled; to switch to the manual 'AutoMove' button, disable it.)

I hope this helps.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 10:41 am:   

Sorry to wake this topic up again, but I just got Action Sol a day or two ago and I've got a similar problem.

In some games (I've particularly noticed it in Canfield) Autoplay seems highly erratic, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Playable cards exposed from the deck are usually auto-played OK, but if that then permits moves from the tableau or the reserve to the foundations, more often than not I have to "manually" move them by right-clicking.

Obviously auto-play in this kind of timed game is sort of a crutch, but if I come to depend on it then it's easy to miss moves that haven't been auto-played.

Any suggestions?

Best and thanks,
Mike
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 187
Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 11:59 am:   

>In some games (I've particularly noticed it in Canfield) Autoplay seems highly erratic, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Games like Canfield (and Klondike), which allow tableau building by alternate color, use a balanced form of AutoPlay. They never automatically build any foundation more than two levels higher than any other because the cards that would be removed could be necessary for building within the tableau. This is a strategic decision that must be made by the player.

For example, assume the base card in Canfield is an Ace and the Hearts foundation is the least developed, with only the base card in it. It is safe for the AutoPlay feature to build the other three suits up through Treys, since any Deuce that appears (i.e., the Two of Hearts) would be automatically played to the foundation (hence changing the safe rank to Fours). However, if the player forces the black Fours to the foundations, there is no longer any way to build the Three of Hearts. If that card is on top of the reserve (or on a face down card in Klondike), one could not get to the cards underneath, and if one of those is the Two of Hearts, the game is stuck. The AutoPlay feature is simply designed to never automatically cause such a problem.

I hope that this adequately explains the issue. If, however, you find a situation in which AutoPlay does not move a card to the foundations contrary to the intended behavior, please save the game and send a copy to us to examine.

Remember, too, that everybody is playing under the same restrictions, so it is part of the game. :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration