WRONG SCORE Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Action Solitaire Questions » WRONG SCORE « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

ALEX SUTHERLAND
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2003 - 6:12 pm:   

THE SCORE FOR TWO SUIT SPIDER IS NOT CORRECT I HAVE NOT SCORED OVER 2010 MILLION POINTS MY CORRECT TOTAL IS 213000.HOW DO I GET RID OF IT
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 67
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2003 - 10:55 pm:   

>THE SCORE FOR TWO SUIT SPIDER IS NOT CORRECT I HAVE NOT SCORED OVER 2010 MILLION POINTS MY CORRECT TOTAL IS 213000.HOW DO I GET RID OF IT

I have deleted the incorrect score from the online high scores for you.

Am I correct to assume that this score does not appear in your statistics, but only in the online scores? We should see if we can determine what went wrong and where... :-)
ALEX SUTHERLAND
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 12:05 am:   

GREGG I THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY ON TWO SUIT SPIDER.WHEN I PLAY THIS GAME FROM THE MAIN PAGE MY SCORE IS 213000.WHEN I CLICK ON OPTIONS I GET THE HIGH SCORE. I WAS PLAYING THIS GAME ABOUT TEN DAYS AGO HAD A SCORE OF 97500 PLUS WHICH I THINK WAS NOT CORRECT AND IT VANISHED FROM THE SCREEN
SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD NO JOY WITH THE GAME
IAM ONE OF THESE FHE GAME ACTION WAS NOT MADE FOR I AM 81 AND I THINK IT IDEAL FOR THE OLDIES
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 69
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 7:02 am:   

>WHEN I PLAY THIS GAME FROM THE MAIN PAGE MY SCORE IS 213000.WHEN I CLICK ON OPTIONS I GET THE HIGH SCORE.

I am sorry, but I am not sure I understand you completely.

From the game list, if you right-click on the 'Spider Two Suits' icon and select 'Statistics' from the popup menu, you get a list of game scores. Does the bogus 2,010,xxx,xxx score show up in this list?

If the score does appear there, then I would like to have you send me your 'spidertwosuits.log' file (which I can tell you how to locate).

If the incorrect score does not appear there, then you can 'Submit Highest Score' from that dialog box to resubmit your correct high score for the game.

Thank you for your patience in helping us figure this out. :-)
ALEX SUTHERLAND
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 11:38 am:   

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
I HAVE DONE AS YOU ASKED AND THE HIGH TOTAL DOES NOT SHOW UP ONLY THE 213000
I THEN CLICK ON THE OPTIONS TOP LEFT CORNER AND IT IS STILL THERE IN HIGH SCORES
I HAVE RE SUBMITED MY TOTALS AND THE HIGH SCORE HAS COME UP AGAIN HOPE THIS WILL HELP
ALEX
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 70
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 12:10 pm:   

>THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

I think you are helping us more than I am helping you. :-)

>I HAVE DONE AS YOU ASKED AND THE HIGH TOTAL DOES NOT SHOW UP ONLY THE 213000
I THEN CLICK ON THE OPTIONS TOP LEFT CORNER AND IT IS STILL THERE IN HIGH SCORES

The error is in your game statistics, then. I would really like to get a copy of that file. Most likely, the file I need will be:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Goodsol\Action Solitaire\Alex\spidertwosuits.log

If you do not have a 'Documents and Settings' directory, then it would probably be:

C:\Windows\Application Data\Goodsol\Action Solitaire\Alex\spidertwosuits.log

If you could email me that file, I would be grateful. It may help us to figure out what caused the problem. (I apologize for the length of the path, but I blame Microsoft. :-))

The problem will be eliminated by clearing the statistics for that game (clicking on 'Clear' in the dialog box), but please send the current file to me first.

>I HAVE RE SUBMITED MY TOTALS AND THE HIGH SCORE HAS COME UP AGAIN HOPE THIS WILL HELP

I saw that (and deleted it again). This does help, because now I know that the problem occurred within the program, and not while sending to the high score server.

By the way, I checked and, not surprisingly, the round number does not match the score. That score would only get you to round 20109. :-)
ALEX SUTHERLAND
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 8:19 pm:   

I HAVE JUST SENT AN EMAIL TO SUPPORT GOODSAL I HOPE IT WORKS I HAVE NOT DONE THIS BEFORE
I FOUND THE DOCU, AND SETTINGS FILE THEN TWO SUIT LOG FILE SENT THE ICON TO THE DESK TOP AND THEN DRAGED IT INTO EMAIL

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration