Other Tile Sets not available in Mahj... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Download and Installation Problems » Other Tile Sets not available in Mahjongg « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Don Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 66.32.226.63
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 11:44 am:   

Downloaded trial of version 2.2, installed, Went to Options, Tile Sets. It offers American Standard and Simple. Web says Marine should show up, it's in the tile set directory, doesn't show up. And if I load other tile sets, like Christmas, they go into the directory, but don't show up in options either.

(Message approved by admin)
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 212
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 4:00 pm:   

>Downloaded trial of version 2.2, installed, Went to Options, Tile Sets. It offers American Standard and Simple. Web says Marine should show up, it's in the tile set directory, doesn't show up. And if I load other tile sets, like Christmas, they go into the directory, but don't show up in options either.

You are probably checking from within a solitaire game, rather than from the options or a tile matching or puzzle game.

There are two different types of tile sets, normal (solitaire) and abstract (matching). Normal tiles sets, such as 'American MahJongg Tiles' and 'Simple Tiles' have suits and numbers and can be used in all games in Pretty Good MahJongg. The abstract tile sets, including 'International Marine Signal Flags' and many of the downloadable sets (including 'Christmas Tiles') do not have normal suits and numbers, so they cannot be used to play tile solitaire games. However, tile matching and puzzle games (e.g., Great Wall) can use any installed tile set, normal or abstract.

Try opening the program options dialog (Options|Options...) and selecting the 'Graphics' tab. The 'Solitaire Tiles' box allows one to select the default set for solitaire games from the appropriate installed tile sets. The 'Matching Tiles' box allows one to select the default set for tile matching (and puzzle) games from all properly installed tile sets.

Please check this to determine whether or not the tile sets are actually available. Also, it just occurs to me, if you install a tile set while the program is running, you will need to exit and launch it again before the tile set will be found.

By the way, American Standard (from your original message) has a different meaning for me, associated with a different type of tile. :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration