CAN NOT RESIZE CARDS IN NEW VERSION 1... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Download and Installation Problems » CAN NOT RESIZE CARDS IN NEW VERSION 12!!!! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

carolyn juran (Flcisme)
Solitaire Player
Username: Flcisme

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 1:36 pm:   

No matter what I do I can not get bigger cards. I can not see the little ones. I go to options and change to large or huge cards and when I reopen the game they are small with no option to make them larger. I would rather have the old version back, at least I can see it. I even reinstalled everything and it did not help.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1204
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   

The card sizes in version 12 are the same as in previous versions, except there are 2 larger sizes. You can change the card sizes in the Options menu in a game.

If a larger size is not available, then the cards are already as large as they can be for that game and window size (this is the same as previous versions). In that case, the only way to make the cards bigger is to make the window bigger (full screen), or change to a higher screen resolution. Again, this is the same as in previous versions.

The cards are not smaller than they were in previous versions, so going back to a previous version will change nothing as far as the sizes are concerned (except that the larger sizes won't be available).
carolyn juran (Flcisme)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 2:07 pm:   

Nope, all I can get is automatic and small.
I have been playing in large all along on the other versions. I am a real oldtime user and have never run into anything like this before. I have tried every thing you said, (even before you said it) and can only get small or automatic. the other sizes do not even light up on the options menu. I am on a laptop and my screen resolution is 800 x 600 I tried the 1024 x 768 and nothing changes with the card sizes. These are the only resolutions I have on this laptop. It is a Sony Vaio. Like I said, everything was fine before I downloaded the new version. ???????????????

Post Number: 1205
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 2:16 pm:   

What game are you playing?

The sizes of cards available depends on the game. A large table game is not going to have many sizes available at 800x600 (probably small only). This was the case in previous versions as well. Changing to 1024x768 should open up at least the standard size as well for a large table game.

carolyn juran (Flcisme)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 8:55 pm:   

8 off, and the cards are still large on the old laptop where i am running version 11.0.1? Res. 800x600 cards are huge and fill the whole space on this computer and i can see the darned things.
I just want to change back to the 11.0.1.... but am afrid of loosing a good score.
carolyn juran (Flcisme)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 8:59 pm:   

Here is how the cards look on this laptop... they are very small on the other one. this one is the one running 11.0.1
application/mswordscreen shot of large cards
good sol.doc (323.1 k)
carolyn juran (Flcisme)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 24
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   

and here is the other computer that is running 8 off in version 12

Post Number: 1209
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 1:08 pm:   

Just go to the Options menu, select Card Size and choose a smaller card size.

carolyn juran (Flcisme)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 7:39 pm:   

I WANT THEM BIG!!!!!
I AM A BLIND OLD LADY.
I WANT TO GO TO THE OLD 11.0.0
VERSION. IT GAVE ME OPTIONS FOR LARGE AND HUGE CARDS. THESE OPTIONS ARE "GRAYED" OUT IN VERSION 12!
Patricia Traynier (Trisha)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Trisha

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 6:06 am:   

Hi Carolyn,
Try this.Before you start to play your game go to the list of games.Then go to options.A list will appear. Click on cards and decks.You should then see a square on the right with options to change card sizes.Click on the option for large or huge cards.Then click O.K.I apologise if you have already tried this.
Trisha
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Kathyquade

Post Number: 1143
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 10:45 am:   

Trisha, if you're still playing, did you ever get your problem resolved. I'm having the same problem only I need the medium size cards and on certain games I can only get the small. I've tried every suggestion everyone has given me, but I still can't get the medium size cards. The thing that puzzles me is that for years I've been playing certain games (like Accordion) with medium size cards, and now all of a sudden, the cards are small and the medium option is grayed out. Quite frustrating.
Patricia Traynier (Trisha)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Trisha

Post Number: 170
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 11:24 am:   

Kathy, I did not have a problem with card sizes myself. I was just trying to help Carolyn. I am sorry not to be more helpful.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Kathyquade

Post Number: 1145
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 12:35 pm:   

Thanks Trisha. I guess I read the wrong post. If Carolyn is still playing, I hope she sees this. Nice to hear from you again.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration