PGS Version 12.1.0 - slow animation s... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Download and Installation Problems » PGS Version 12.1.0 - slow animation speed « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dianna (Solitaire)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Solitaire

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 2:08 pm:   

I reinstalled Version 12.1.0 (after hard drive crash and replacement) and now my animation speed is slow. Read in previous threads that you could somehow adjust animation speed in AutoPlay. I don't have that option...only check on or off. How do I fix my speed....it's so sloooow...

Thanks, Dianna
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 2761
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 2:14 pm:   

See if this helps Dianna
Dianna (Solitaire)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Solitaire

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 8:29 pm:   

Thanks Richard, all my settings were already set to fast. Looks like I will have to live with it. Should I try going back to an older version maye?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 1018
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 8:38 pm:   

Check to see what programs you may have running in the background. Your anti-virus should not be affecting it. But it could. Perhaps a mail program is running. Just check.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2762
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:54 am:   

We can get slowness on our laptop. It happens when Liz is playing Monopoly or similar. She sometimes gets the message that it is low in "virtual memory". In our main PC things can also slow down a bit at times. This happens when it is running scans or defragmenting the drive, and also when it is running "live update" or the likes. Check and see if there are scheduled tasks that it's performing. If so, open that programme and change the times so that it does them when it suits you. Another thing worth trying is disabling your anti virus programme/s.Obviously you'd have to ensure that you'd disconnected completely from the net first. At least this might enable you to pinpoint if it is this that's causing the problem. Have you added any new software since the crash, particularly anti-virus stuff?
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 1009
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 5:25 am:   

Remember when Gregg used to answer these questions? Where's he been? Surely he can't still be shovelling snow? (And don't call me Shirley!)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2770
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 5:52 am:   

Maybe Gregg's got his folks staying with him. Wouldn't that be fun Ken? Or perhaps he's in hospital after falling off his sledge.
You're gonna have to explain the Shirley bit to me/us.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 140
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 8:20 am:   

Aha, finally found someone with memory worse than mine lol. Hint: the "Airplane" movies.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2771
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 8:37 am:   

In order to forget something it is essential that you know it in the first place. I don't think I've seen the film........ so......
What was I talking about. Wake Mike up and ask him.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2772
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 8:38 am:   

I meant the other Mike......the golf pro guy.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 366
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 9:25 am:   

>Remember when Gregg used to answer these questions? Where's he been? Surely he can't still be shovelling snow? (And don't call me Shirley!)

I have crawled off to the Mac (beta) side of things, as we are getting ready to release our next version of Pretty Good Solitaire Mac Edition.

As far as the original problem is concerned, I am not seeing it here, so I do not have much to add. I doubt that anything was different about the animation among the latest few versions, so it is most likely something external to the program.

And, yes, it is currently snowing here (albeit not enough to shovel)... :-)
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 12:03 pm:   

Did somebody wake me? Richard. You mean to tell us you have never seen the movie "Airplane". That's like saying you have never seen "Caddy Shack". And don't call me Shirly either.
Gregg. When you have some time after you get the Mac version up and running. I would like to hear about the programming differences between Mac and Windows. You have an extra couple of days to explain it, right.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2774
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 1:04 pm:   

I hope Gregg waits until I'm on holiday before he attempts to explain the differences between Mac and Windows. You can explain it to me when I get back Mike. In exchange I will give you some golf tuition.
If I'd seen either of the heady intelectual productions you mentioned Mike, would I be likely to admit it?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 2:25 pm:   

You don't seem to grasp the subtle nuances of the two movies. The struggle of rich and poor of people who believe they are superior and those they think are not as intelligent. The Gopher in "Caddy Shack" represents peoples fears. Always hiding just beneath the surface. Must see. Both movies. 4 Spades. My own personal PGS movie rating sysytem.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2775
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 3:35 pm:   

Yes it must be nice to have a sysytem! Have you based it on the Iraq most wanted list? Samir abd al-Aziz al-Najim Central Ba'ath Party Chairman, Baghdad al-Resafa District.

There are very few movies that I've not seen. Our TV channels are alive with them. Caddyshack made me laugh out loud at times. I have a "sysytem" too. I bait traps and see who bites.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 3:50 pm:   

Watch your fingers.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 1010
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 8:00 pm:   

Mike, it was actually Richard who threw the Baby Ruth candybar in the pool.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1024
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 9:20 pm:   

No argument here.
Gregg Seelhoff (Gregg)
Username: Gregg

Post Number: 628
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:45 pm:   

>I would like to hear about the programming differences between Mac and Windows.

Well, the Windows development station faces West and looks out the front office window, while the Mac OS X development station faces North and looks out the side office window. Is that what you wanted to know? :-)
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 367
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:47 pm:   

>I hope Gregg waits until I'm on holiday before he attempts to explain the differences between Mac and Windows.

The jealous part of me wonders when Richard is not on vacation. :-)
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1025
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 12:20 am:   

Good one Gregg. I guess the geographical explaination of Windows and Mac will have to do for now. Just wondering which is harder to work with.
Richard. I just started my education into Pictish Stones. Very interesting
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2776
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 2:58 am:   

A thorough and all encompassing explanation of Mac and Windows Gregg. We need trouble you no further on that matter.
Liz has expressed the desire to take more holidays than normal this year. The next set commences april 1st. Take care with the green eyed monster though guys.
Throwing away candy bars! How very un-American. Betcha Mike was in tears when he heard that.
Reading about the Picts eh Mike? You take care with those dry old stones.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 11:26 am:   

I am sure I saw a drawing of you on one of those stones Richard. And NO! I didn't do it.
Just a one is harder than the other. Or they are both about the same. Mac Or Windows would suffice.
Gregg Seelhoff (Gregg)
Username: Gregg

Post Number: 632
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 12:39 am:   

>Good one Gregg. I guess the geographical explaination of Windows and Mac will have to do for now. Just wondering which is harder to work with.

Serious answer: It really depends on what you want to do and your level of experience. I have been programming for 30 years, and I find that the similarities between Mac OS X and Windows development are probably greater than the differences. Windows is still easier for me because I have been developing for that operating system for more than half of my career, while I am less experienced with Macs.

For programming (and debugging), Windows has more and better tools, but they can be costly, while the main tools for Mac OS X are provided for free with every Apple computer. Windows is a much larger market, but Mac customers are more loyal to the platform, which is growing in popularity.

I hope that is a bit more helpful. :-)
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1031
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 11:45 am:   

Very helpful. Thanks Gregg. It is close to what I thought. I know nothing about programming. So it is a good insight into the basic differences.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2783
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 12:25 pm:   

I'll sum it up for you in four words Mike. "Old dogs,new tricks".
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1033
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 2:41 pm:   

Speaking of old dogs. What's new Richard?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2784
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 3:07 pm:   

It's "What's new pussycat?" surely.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1034
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 4:42 pm:   

Don't call me Surely. What's that cat's name. RumTum Tiger. The old one.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration