Climb Mode Problem Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Download and Installation Problems » Climb Mode Problem « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 3263
Posted on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 1:01 pm:   

I know it's not really the ideal place to post this.
I have been playing Canfield (Deal 3) in Climb Mode and have got to #216. Now my stats still show #215 but the game on my screen is #19 which I have been replaying in standard mode. Am I right in thinking that this game will be recorded as a loss (when I eventually do lose it again) or will it corrupt my stats?
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 392
Posted on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 3:13 pm:   

>I know it's not really the ideal place to post this.

Well, since it is actually a question rather than a "Problem"... Still, there is not a specified place for Goodsol Solitaire 101 and Most Popular Solitaire questions, so this works.

>I have been playing Canfield (Deal 3) in Climb Mode and have got to #216. Now my stats still show #215 but the game on my screen is #19 which I have been replaying in standard mode.

The statistics (under 'Level') show the last deal number completed (and recorded). Until one either wins or resigns, the game is not in the statistics (and will be autosaved/reloaded).

>Am I right in thinking that this game will be recorded as a loss (when I eventually do lose it again) or will it corrupt my stats?

Not really and nope. :-)

Climb Mode statistics are completely separate from standard mode statistics, so when you lose (or win) deal #19 in standard mode, it will be recorded appropriately, but when in Climb Mode, the game will still/again start deal #216. You can arbitrarily turn Climb Mode on and off and work on both deals alternately, though I doubt that would do much for ones focus.

However, if one were to manage to play the wrong number in Climb Mode, it would corrupt the statistics and cause them to be reset on next launch of the game in question. If this is the case, please let me know via email (beta@sophsoft.com) how that was accomplished, and I may be able to help resolve the issue. (In this case, don't finish the game!)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3275
Posted on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 4:09 pm:   

I guess I just had to try it.
Every picture tells a story.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3276
Posted on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 4:14 pm:   

And now on restarting.

No big deal. I can do better anyway.......famous last words.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 1220
Posted on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 5:11 pm:   

Hee, hee. :-)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3277
Posted on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 6:28 pm:   

Sus scrofa scrofa butlerii
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 393
Posted on Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 12:10 am:   

>I guess I just had to try it.

Ouch, indeed.

Let me guess... You are still running GS101 version 1.00, instead of the latest (version 1.01). If so, I know what caused the problem, and the solution is to upgrade:
http://www.goodsol.com/101/downloadnow.html

I am sorry that you lost these games (though I did say "Don't" :-)). If you happen to have a recent backup, restoring the 'canfieldhard.climb' and 'canfieldhard.goodsolc' files (as a pair) will recover from that point.

The 'Game|Backup Statistics...' menu option is a function designed for such situations (as well as transferring statistics between machines).
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3278
Posted on Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 4:22 am:   

I either misread or misunderstood your previous instructions Geoff.
I just tried the Restore Stats option. It said it was successful but my Canfield ones remain at zero. Pity I hadn't backed them up previously. A lesson learned.
I blame Mike. A hitman is heading for Huntington Beach as I type. The first one to open the door gets it. Wanna bet he sends Debbie? Erase her stats too so to speak.
Anyway we're just heading out the door. Back in a week or so
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 4:03 pm:   

A simple little chuckel at Richard's dilema and he is sending hitmen. Get a Scotsman upset and look what happens. Hope you have fun on your holiday.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 73
Posted on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 12:08 pm:   

With that lost stats, i don't think, that he really can enjoy his holidays, but thats making my working day a little better. ;-)

But Richard, i know you just wanted to help, and therefore it is not fine to laugh or make jokes.

Have some nice holidays.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1222
Posted on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 4:03 pm:   

Gregg. Check your email.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 394
Posted on Saturday, September 05, 2009 - 3:55 pm:   

>Gregg. Check your email.

Done. Response sent via email just a few minutes ago.

Thanks. :-)
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Saturday, September 05, 2009 - 5:43 pm:   

Got it Gregg. One back to you.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration