Cornelius Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Turn off card scattering after winning a game? » Cornelius « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Penny Phillips (Pzazz)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Pzazz

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 9:48 pm:   

HELLLP!!! I am a newbie here, and would be most appreciative of some assistance from those of you who seem to be making high scores in the game Cornelius. I've played this and played this and just succeed in getting frustrated with my low scores. I make excellent scores in Eagle, Freecell and several others. I just cannot seem to "get it" with Cornelius. Anybody have any suggestions?
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 6568
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 4:41 am:   

Don't take what you see in the scores too seriously Penny. Some players like to polish their own egos by posting 100% records. This can be achieved by various means including out and out cheating. Other players take a different approach and play every game twice. They play it under an alternative player name first. If they win it, they save it and replay it under their real name. Therefore all of their losers only appear in the stats that they don't post.
It's a pity that some people take playing Pretty Good Solitaire so seriously that they are prepared to go to any lengths to win. It's just a game after all is said and done. A magnificent game, but a game none the less. Just enjoy it for what it is and don't stress yourself out trying to achieve a target that is probably not honestly achievable in the first place. Have some fun.
Here endeth the first lesson.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 2119
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 5:21 am:   

Hi Penny, look at the following stats.

http://scores.goodsol.com/topscores/scores/pgs/cor nelius_climb.html

BTW: the game numbers #1 up to #6 are all winnable.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration