Turn off card scattering after winnin... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Turn off card scattering after winning a game? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
CorneliusMarkus Reischl 3-21-11  5:21 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Martin Valley (Martinv)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Martinv

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 1:43 pm:   

Is there any way to turn of the scattering of cards that occurs after a game is won? I some instances I would like to look at the resulting card display after a game is won - at least for a few seconds but, the way it is now, it gets instantly obliterated.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 1167
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 9:55 am:   

Do you have auto play turned on? If so turn it off. Second. Save the game before the end. You can then go back to that spot. Other than that I have no clue.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 3079
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 11:01 am:   

Mike is spot on Martin. If you allow auto-play to take charge it will sometimes take you by surprise and finish up a game that you thought still had some work to do.
(Apologies to Ken for using that four letter w word again).
Bastiko Pradhana (Pgs348)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Pgs348

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 4:40 am:   

No, I think Martin means to turn off the animation that occurs /after/ you win a game (as in when the stats window comes up), not as you're playing.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1169
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 4:41 pm:   

Sorry. I guess I didn't understand. The background stuff when the Stats window comes up. I have no idea. But why? It is nothing. And goes away when you start a new game. You can slow down the animation in the options part of the program. But that will slow down the play also. More information is needed.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 4:44 pm:   

Come to think of it. My original answer is the correct one. Turn off auto play. And you will not immediately go to STATS.
Martin Valley (Martinv)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Martinv

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 7:04 pm:   

What I meant was, is there a way to turn off the "splattering of cards" that occurs after a game is won.

After a game is won (it doesn't matter HOW it's won - manually or auto-played), the screen is instantly obliterated by cards being scattered about - all over the screen. It is this activity that I would like to be able to do away with.

I have auto-play enabled on some games and not enabled on others. This has no effect on the card splattering/scattering that I'm referring to.

Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3100
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 3:25 am:   

Mike is correct with his advice. Your game is like a video. It win run until it reaches the end no matter what. The only way to prevent it doing that is by putting it into pause and advancing it frame at a time.
If you save your game just before it ends you will be able to strip it back card at a time as often as you want. You will also be able to save it again by manually playing the next card. You can do this until you have the game at the final card and without the animation taking over, BUT ONLY if the autoplay is turned off. All you would see otherwise is all the cards on the foundations which would be absolutely pointless.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 2:43 pm:   

I now understand a little better. I think. It doesn't look like there is way to turn off that end game animation. I tried a couple of things to no advantage. I never even thought about the cards flying by. It doesn't distract me. Just looking at the stats. Not much else.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1173
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 3:12 pm:   

I read over the posts again. And am still confused. If you have auto-play turned off the animation will not start until you play the last card to the foundation. If you do not play that last card. You can look at the hand all you want. Am I still missing something?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3103
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 3:54 pm:   

I think you hit the nail exactly on the head Mike. I can see no necessity or logic in turning off the animation if it were possible. We already have that facility provided we don't play the final card. Allowing autoplay to take charge is the only thing that can foil that.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 6:56 pm:   

Even if one could turn of the animation. You would still be taken to the "stats" screen after the last card is played. I trust someone isn't pulling the proverbial chain here.
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 492
Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 4:21 pm:   

The only game I would like the scattering cards not to appear is Anno Domini as the idea is that the final cards show the current year but you cannot see it in time
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1180
Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 5:42 pm:   

Now that would be a problem. A game where there is a message or as you say something special. You don't want to play that last card and go directly to the stats and the card scattering. We may need a professional answer on this one. Any other games like this?
Bastiko Pradhana (Pgs348)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Pgs348

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, July 18, 2009 - 9:58 am:   

I think there's some beauty in seeing the final sequences of Scorpion etc. arranged neatly on the tableau; that would be great to see if I could turn the animation off.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 496
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 3:41 pm:   

Some people - me for instance - are just annoyed by things jumping around. I always found this feature annoying. At the beginning of PGS, when the computers were much slower, there was a cascade of cards, but then it got too fast, and seeing this more than ten times was quite enough.
Glen McDiarmid (Glenmcd)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Glenmcd

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 12:18 am:   

I have AutoPlay turned off in all games, but I use "AutoMove" when I recognise that there's more than just a couple of cards to move to foundations. It may sound like the same thing, but at least I have some control. I don't mind the card animations at the end, but what is really needed is a way of using "Undo" or "Restart" at that point. In the case of selecting "restart", it's critical that you are able to use "Redo" all the way to the end if that's what you want to do. It's a learning tool. As MartinV pointed out, once the game is finished - by any of the 3 methods - you've lost any chance of reviewing your game. Even with AutoPlay turned off, sometimes AutoMove will take you by surprise and finish the game at a point when you thought it would only move a six card run and leave half the pack.
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 1597
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 6:52 am:   

Glen, when you post your message as an answer for Rachel, then i hope she will watch it, because she posted it in july last year.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1871
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 12:13 pm:   

If you want to review a game. You will have to save it before you play it through. Yes it takes time. But do we really want a delay after every game and the insertion of a prompt after we win. I don't. I want to move on. Perhaps in a future upgrade Thomas might want to make it an option that a person can choose to not go immediately to the game stats. (and the falling cards) But it's not important to me.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration