How to repare a corrupt program file? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » How to repare a corrupt program file? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Gaps error messageMary Tindle 8-02-03  12:15 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Miriam Frankort (Miriam)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Miriam

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 3:02 pm:   

As of yesterday I lost the background I selected for my games. Then I noticed that the options do not work anymore. I hope the game statistics don't go next.
I want to reinstall the game, but the last time I did this, I still had my statistics but I lost my favourites. The way I play, I added all the games to my favourites, play them random and delete the ones I do not like. I hate to start this process all over again.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 180
Posted on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 2:17 pm:   

If you reinstall, you should not lose your favorites (or any of your statistics). The only way you would lose that is if something has happened to your Windows Registry.
Elisabeth Wolf Allemann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 1:13 pm:   

I also suddenly have the problem that the options don't work anymore. "Runtime error '13': Type mismatch" I also lost the game toolbar and the status bar.
I reinstalled the game (last version), but the problem persists. What can I do?
rachel cohen (Rachel)
Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 71
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 2:45 pm:   

I wouldn't be so sure about losing or keeping the statistics and favorites. After all you're talking about a corrupted file somewhere.
I lost my favorites and statistics several times and it's really annoying.
I never send my high scores, because I've lost them and started again from scratch. And I forgot many of my favorites, so now I check the Not Played Games, and find old lost favorites. So now, to answer your messages, I tried this: I made a Print screen of my favorites (it's exactly one page) and I pasted it into Photoshop, where I can keep it. So if it gets lost again, I can print it and at least not forget games. I'll do that before I download a new version in the future, and if it won't be neccessary, it's not that much trouble.

Post Number: 306
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 1:32 pm:   

>I reinstalled the game (last version), but the problem persists. What can I do?

There could be a corrupted data file, in which case deleting the data folder should take care of the problem. The data folder is located at C:\Documents and Settings\[Windows User Name]\Application Data\Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire , where [Windows User Name] is your
user name for Windows.

This will of course lose all your statistics, so you might also just try deleting the global.ini file or the [player_name}.dat file, which might solve it without losing your stats.
jim bray
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 1:18 pm:   

Weird problem:
Game: Four Winds
The four spaces located above and below the stock and waste piles will not allow a card from the waste pile to "stick". The card jumps back to the waste pile. The other ten spaces behave as they should. Using PGS 9.0 and Win XP. Never had any problems using earlier versions of PGS.
Suggestions????

jim

Post Number: 553
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2003 - 10:50 pm:   

Hi Jim re: Four Winds,
Are the cards you are trying to put in those spaces of the same suit as the card in the foundation pile next to them? Only cards of the same suit as the card in the foundation pile can be placed in those spaces, cards of a different suit will be rejected (and will bounce back).
jim bray
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 3:43 pm:   

Four winds:
Of course they are of the same suit, Played hundreds of games in previous versions without
any problems. This is definitely software related.

jim

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration