Gaps error message Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » How to repare a corrupt program file? » Gaps error message « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Yoda

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 12:31 am:   

I have not played Gaps since early May, ( not since I upgraded), when I hit the re-deal arrow I get an error message. The message reads "Run-time error '5'. Invalid procedure call or argument".
By hitting the OK button, it not only closes the Gaps game, but closes out the whole PGS programme. I notice that the game stats. are not being recorded. (Which is good!!). I see that you answered a similar question regarding error messages, and to solve the problem it was recommended to delete a file, which would also delete the stats. Does this mean that ALL the stats for ALL the games would be lost?
Thank you for the help
Mary :-)

Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 429
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 9:21 am:   

No, this is a different problem. This is a bug in Gaps that was in the the release version for only a very brief time and was corrected. If you download the latest version, then uninstall your current version (this will not delete your stats), then install the new downloaded version, the problem will be fixed.
Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Yoda

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 12:15 pm:   

Thank you - I really appreciate your quick reply.
I will certainly do this.
Mary

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration