Four Colours Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Rouge et Noir » Four Colours « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Downloading Card SetsThomas Warfield 6-06-04  9:00 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Frances Cammisa (Yankeegal)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Yankeegal

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 3:46 pm:   

Has anyone ever gotten this game to get anywhere? I have been playing it for a while and most of the time I can't even get it started, much less win it--any suggestions? And yes, I DID read the rules---
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 120
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 3:52 pm:   

Hi
I won game 397523169
bye paul

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 5:51 am:   

Paul, you are phenomenal! How do you do it? Play all day long all the time?
I think Four Colours is harder than 13 Packs---

Thanks for the help---
Peg Mueller (Tzrnpeg)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Tzrnpeg

Post Number: 53
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 8:24 am:   

I won the 2nd time I played - game #818135681. Guess I just got lucky.

Peg

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 12:15 pm:   

Peg, I did that with Demons and Thieves--I won it on the very first try--but this one (Four Colours) is impossible--I'm going to try the winning number you gave me and the one that Paul gave me and see which one works best. By rights, they should both let you win, right?
Pauline Mueller (Likescards300)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Likescards300

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 2:41 pm:   

If you are refering to the four colors in
the free cell catagory, I have won 100% of
the games. I am still using one of the older
versions of goodsol 500. The game is very
hard sometimes. I like games of skill that
are hard to win, but have a high percentage
of winnable games
Polly.
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 121
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 3:39 pm:   

Hi Frances
Glad you could win with my number i got it on the fifth time I played.
it is getting much harder now at about one game a fortnight now as i dropped from 35 games missing a win to 34 when I at last won triple harp yesterday.
I have played over 17000 games over four years so at just over 4000 games a year is really only about 12 a day so i only spend about an hour or so a day.
bye Paul

Post Number: 40
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 8:25 pm:   

Polly, I like challenges too but this particular game (Four Colours) is ridiculous--I even tried two winning game numbers and they didn't work! But I won't let it get me down. I'll get it won!

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 8:28 pm:   

Hi Paul--well, that is terrific--I thought I was good at about an hour a day but my record is nowhere near yours--and when I lost the first PGS because of a virus in my comptuer, I lost all the records, too. SO I have no idea how many games I would have played if I had the records from the very beginning.
And by the way, I have not won Four Colours yet. Not even with your winning game number---
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 12:06 am:   

Frances, were you aware that in Four Colours you can move any number of cards as long as they alternate by suit? In other Free Cell games, you need open free cells to move a stack of cards, but in Four Colours you don't have this restriction. (The first 10 times I played this game I didn't realize that, and my best score was 2, but after re-reading the rules, I noticed that important distinction, and have won 4 out of the last 5 games I've played.) Good luck, Ken
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 12:11 am:   

Paul, can you post the games you have left to win? Just curious! BTW, I have 59 left to go myself. Ken

Post Number: 42
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 6:00 am:   

Ken, I knew that but the games I am dealt have very few alternate color sequences already in place--
Well, I'll get it won eventually--it took me over 2000 tries to win 13 Packs but I did---
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 11:02 am:   

Frances, that's why you use the three cells to the right of the tableau: to build your own runs...

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 11:57 am:   

and when there is nothing at all to build or start a run with, even with the cells above the tableau, you just go to a new game--LOL!
I will keep at it--it's fun, anyway---
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 122
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 11:59 am:   

Hi Ken
these are my missing games and I know i have winning numbers for most of them but cannot get them out yet

Bavarian Patience, Beetle , Big Spider , Binary Star , Boudoir , Bridesmaids , British Canister , Brown recluse , Chinese Spider, Cone, Crescent , Crossroads, Forwards & Backwards , Fourteens, Free Parking , German Patience, Grounds for Divorce, Idle Aces, Kings & Aces, Knotty Nines , Leap year , Miss Muffett , Picture Patience, Queens & Jacks , Reserves , Robert , Rouge Forty , Simon Jester, Spaces & Aces, Spider , Strategy + , Triple Scorpian , Triple Triangle and Wheatsheaf

bye Paul
Ken Millar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 12:11 am:   

Paul, I find it interesting what type of games different people have trouble winning. It's obvious from your list that the thorn in your side are the Spider games. I have won almost all of those type, but the Free Cell games (with the Castle type a close second) drive me crazy! Since you've helped me out a number of times, do you want me to e-mail you with the solutions to a couple of the Spider games, or do you still want to try it yourself? Ken
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 3:56 pm:   

Hi Ken
any help appreciated as I cannot win spider games
I can try to the same if you have games not on my list that you cannot win

Pondpaul@hotmail.com

bye Paul
Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 6:25 pm:   

Paul,

I love spider games and can always find the winning moves, so I've played a few games of Brown Recluse for you and saved them just before winning. My suggestion is play them first and then compare your moves to mine. That way you can see the strategy, the trick for me seems to be knowing which cards are still left in the deck and which ones went by. This helps you to decide how best to proceed. Also try to plan ahead so that you don't block yourself too much.
Hope this helps,
E.
application/octet-stream
Brown Recluse_1033127169.pgs (11.3 k)
application/octet-stream
Brown Recluse_1062060033.pgs (10.4 k)
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 125
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 3:43 am:   

Many Thanks E
I think I always mix the suits too much so I will study them both

thanks
Bye Paul

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration