Hints about games? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Other games besides Freecell are always winnable? » Hints about games? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Black Hole: How to win at least 30%Bert Hager 6-10-07  9:15 pm
CONE. How to win it without cheating.Richard Mechen 11-25-06  7:54 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Natalie Riede (Catmom)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Catmom

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 11:48 pm:   

I may not have looked sufficiently, but I am wondering if there's a place on the forum to ask for help if one just cannot start to fathom a game. For me, one example is the Fifteen Puzzle. I am sure that there are others as well. Is it permitted to ask for hints, advice, or general stategerie (I love that game) about particular games, or is that too wimpish?
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 252
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 9:25 am:   

This is one of my favorite games, though there are others where I have just your problem. I'll start playing this soon, to figure out my metod.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 253
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 10:16 am:   

Fifteen Puzzle -
I start by making a pile of the cards of the number which I have most on top. When there are several choices, I prefer the ones where the freed cards from the can be moved. After the beginning, I make a screenshot every time I get a free space, in case I get stuck in a dead-end, this happens a lot. If there's a pile with a single card and over it a group of three, I try to get the group ordered from the base. I make a lot of undos, and it's good to remember with which cards you started, not to get stuck all over again.
Now I played 677582977, this looks easy at the beginning because you have two groups of three cards, but I restarted it several times until I coud get rid of the 10 which was scattered at the bottom of several piles.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 793
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 12:30 pm:   

Feel free to ask away for hints about any game. Just about every game has an expert that has developed a good strategy for it.
Nancy Moy (Pamts)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Pamts

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 1:24 pm:   

I can;t win eighty thieves.Could you explain how to upload the winning game. If not thanks any way. I don;t know alot about uploads.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 90
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 3:05 pm:   

Nancy,

The person who saved the game just before winning it would be uploading it to this webpage. You will download it to your computer. When you do that save it to a file where you can find it. Then open PGS and open a game of that type, ie. Eighty thieves, and then go to file, open game and browse to the folder where you saved the game and open it.

hope that helps. sorry I dont have the eighty thieves I won saved, maybe Paul does.

Jax Ken
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Advanced Solitaire Player

Post Number: 91
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 3:08 pm:   

Nancy.

Make sure the file extention is .pgs or the game wont see it.

Ken
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 295
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 3:09 pm:   

Hi paul here

just a small change from Ken for some reason it changes the extender from PGS to UNK so you need to rename it back to pgs before pretty good solitaire can find it and the good news is here is the winning game attached
application/octet-stream
Eighty_Thieves_908933057-967.pgs (8.3 k)
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 137
Posted on Saturday, November 25, 2006 - 1:07 pm:   

Technical problem:-
Uploading Senior Wrangler file. This results in a "win" but it didn't register as one for some reason.
application/octet-streamWrangle with Wrangler.
Senior Wrangler_1553760128.pgs (4.6 k)

Richard.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 147
Posted on Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 4:29 am:   

Hi Ken,
Cleopatra 1964948736. Once you have the 5H on top of the 6H you move the 4H (column 8)to uncover the QC, which then plays onto the KC.The newly exposed 8C plays onto the 9C. Still a lot of work to do. Persevere and you'll crack it, but it wasn't easy.
Richard.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 148
Posted on Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 4:35 am:   

Notice to everybody:-
A friend of mine is looking for any saved game for FROG. I managed to win it once with game 78069337 but can't re-win it.To be honest, the game just annoys me. Can anyone help him?
Richard.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 23
Posted on Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 10:04 am:   

Richard, You're not kidding it's not easy! I have already done what you have just said. My best score so far is 48, but I'll keep trying (and BTW, I have got to the place where waste 32 and 9 left in stock, but still no luck). Should my strategy be to uncover the cards in the tableau, or get some cards out from the waste? Thanks again, Ken
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 132
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 9:32 am:   

I won Frog #1738271232. Ive only played it twice with a 1 and 1 record so dont really remember it.

good luck
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 149
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 10:11 am:   

Thanks Ken for Frog number. Glad you only played it twice too. Thought it was just me who hated it. I had a 1/2 score before I started trying to get a saved game for someone else. Will give it a go....... briefly, probably.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 150
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 10:23 am:   

F.A.O. Ken Millar.
Need to establish if we're both at the same place at waste 32 stock 9. I have the following reading from left to right.
JH,2S,2D,9H,8D,8S,6C,KD,KS,JC,4H,3H,JD. There was a 2H on top of the waste which played onto the foundations.This allowed column 12 to be emptied.
I then played KD up into space and exposed AD,AD.
If you can manage to get to there, let me know. I could even upload a partial solution if you want.
Good luck,
Richard.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 24
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 1:31 pm:   

Richard, I got it! Thanks for the help! Ken
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 151
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 3:00 pm:   

Hi Ken,
It certainly was a good game and I enjoyed cracking it.If you've any more bad uns, let me have the numbers. I've only six games left in my "not won" section, and they all look impossible, so it gives me something else to do battle with.
Richard.
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 504
Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 11:12 am:   

Hi

I thought I would return to this one after 2 years. and still nowhere near a solution
I am puzzled by Richard stating waste 32 Stock 9

how do you get more than 1 in the waste?

Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3128
Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 11:32 am:   

Which game are you talking about Paul?
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 505
Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 12:09 pm:   

hi
Frog #1738271232
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3129
Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 1:16 pm:   

This thread is pretty mixed up Paul. I certainly wasn't speaking about Frog stating waste 32. In Frog it IS only possible to have a waste of either 1 or 0. I still hate Frog so I won't be trying to rewin it. Once was plenty. Sorry.
Deirdre McCorry (Deirdre)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Deirdre

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 2:43 pm:   

Winning fifteen puzzle 765212800. No obvious place to post this - I'm assuming search will find it if anyone interested. No particular strategy - it just came out !
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 4827
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 4:45 pm:   

Hi Deirdre, When you want help with something like this, make your post in "Is It Winnable". That is where it will get the most attention.
Your game is winnable. Unfortunately I was listening to the news on the TV whilst I was playing it and didn't notice that I was about to play the final card. Therefore I was too late to save it. I'll have another go later.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 4828
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 4:48 pm:   

I've just noticed that you've won it already. I thought it was a troublesome one. According to the rules 80% of them are winnable.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration