Adelaide- a challenging variation Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » General Discussion » Obvious errors should be removed from stats. » Adelaide- a challenging variation « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Harvey L. Berger (Parthill)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Parthill

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 9:23 am:   

I love to play Adelaide. However,in its present form, it is not very challenging, since one (1) redeal is allowed. I am suggesting that Tom create a variation of the game with NO redeals.

Certainly, it becomes a more difficult game. However, I have developed a strategy that permits me to win about 20-25% of the time without a redeal. This strategy consists of not moving a card in the tableau unless absolutely necessary. The key is to try to place the top card on the waste pile into the tableau through strategic moves in the tableau. For example, if the first card to appear on the waste pile is a ten of hearts, I look to see if there is a jack of hearts in the tableau. If there is, I look at the card just below the jack of hearts to see if it can be placed, and so on. If that is possible, often through a chain of similar moves, then I can move the ten of hearts into the tableau. If not, we move on.

My experience has been that, typically, I will accumulate no more than 15 cards in the waste pile by the end of the first deal. If I am in the 8-12 card range down the stretch, I can expect to win. Since I have adopted this strategy (in June 2006), I have not lost a game, and, as stated earlier, I have a 20-25% success rate without a redeal.

A agme with a 100% success rate becomes boring. That is why I would like to see a no redeal version.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 56
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 9:35 am:   

Hravey, I think Outback is the version you're looking for. Tpa Ken

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration