Miscellaneous

Answers

• Member, Beta Tester
    Mike, if I looked like that, I'd at least have the excuse of falling off my bike!
  • edited December 2014 Member, Beta Tester
  • Member, Beta Tester
    My head made a loud thump when I hit the concrete driveway. I have no idea of how far I went after that. I did drive myself to the emergency room. Spent over six hours at the hospital. Most of the time waiting. Then drove home. Going back to sleep now.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Off since a 63-60 overtime win at Wisconsin a week ago, the Spartans have another streak of sorts against Iowa. The Spartans have won 16 consecutive games in the series at the Breslin Center. The Hawkeyes’ last triumph came in overtime, 96-90, on Jan. 28, 1993, a game woven with tragedy.

That was Iowa’s first game after the death of forward Chris Street in an automobile accident. Izzo was an assistant coach to Jud Heathcote at the time. Iowa’s leading scorer, senior guard Matt Gatens, was 3 years old.

Gregg, hopefully Iowa will do better this time!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard and/or Paul, Just curious. Have you seen Downton Abbey? We're really enjoying it over here in the colonies!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I keep forgetting how OLD you are!
  • Member, Moderator, Beta Tester
    >Gregg, hopefully Iowa will do better this time!

Uh... Sorry about that. ;)

Maybe next year, or during the Big 10 Tournament if things fall just right. After that shellacking, though, I would probably wish for some time to recover.

(By the way, I do not wish to gloat; not only am I in no way responsible for the team's performance, obviously, but I also only heard the last 2 minutes of the game.)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Gregg, Ken, whatndo you think about Sebastian Vollmer?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    How can you not like the only German playing in the National Football League? Hope he has a good SuperBowl.
  • edited February 2012 Member, Beta Tester
    He would be (as Dirk Nowitzki in basketball) the first German who could win the final. \m/

Let's hope he do the bodyguard job for the quarterback well.
  • Member, Moderator, Beta Tester
    >Gregg, Ken, whatndo you think about Sebastian Vollmer?

Honestly, I do not (think about him). :)

I had to look him up, as I do not follow the NFL closely enough (anymore) to know the names of linesmen. I do like the fact that he plays same position I did the one year I played football (back when I was 14 years old), right down to alternating with another player. (In my case, I used to shuttle the plays from coach to quarterback.)

I will make note to pay attention during the game tomorrow!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, I was watching Downton Abbey last night and Lady Sybil and Branson, the chauffeur were going to elope to Gretna Green. When are you going to take Liz there and make her an honest woman?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Tell me about Gretna Green, anyway. I hear it is famous for runaway weddings. True?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Downton (don't pronouce the N) Abbey is terrible. Except for Maggie Smith who is very funny. But I have seen all the episodes so far. Very predictable. With unnessary plots twists. And Richard is right. You have learned nothing about relationships Grasshopper.
    Which reminds me. I have to find a Valentine gift tonight.
    The Lady and the Chauffer. Give me a break.
    smilie_flag_004.gif
    55 x 31 - 7K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Interesting! Have you ever been to Gretna Green?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Yes it does! When I get married, I'm going to Gretna Green (but don't hold your breath!)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Maybe it can be a dual ceremony? (Tell Liz to e-mail me...)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Or wait until they order you.
  • edited February 2012 Member, Beta Tester
    Aren't you both used to say: Yes my dear? :)) :)) :))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Seldom happens here.