Goodsol.com - Pretty Good Solitaire

How to transfer statistics from Mac to another Mac?

edited May 30 in General

I'm going to get a new iMac soon (24 inch is out already)......how do I transfer my statistics from this current Mac to the next mac? It was explained on the old forum but I don't remember how it was done lol

Comments

• If you purchased Pretty Good Solitaire Mac Edition directly from Goodsol, then the procedure is straightforward:

• Copy the entire contents of '~/Library/Pretty Good Solitaire' from the old system onto the new system. That is it.

It is usually easier to re-enter your registration code and create your player(s) on the new system (which will import your statistics).

If you purchased Pretty Good Solitaire Mac Edition from the Mac App Store, then the process is the same, but the folder is buried deeper: '~/Library/Containers/Pretty Good Solitaire/Data/Library/Pretty Good Solitaire'. Blame Apple. 😉

Please let me know here if you have any more questions about the process. Obviously, if possible, hang onto the older system until you know that the statistics transfer worked correctly.

• Note that the identical procedure works for our other Mac titles as well, including Pretty Good MahJongg Mac Edition; simply replace 'Pretty Good Solitaire' with (in this example) 'Pretty Good MahJongg'.

• I had purchased the game directly from Goodsol (did that so that I didn't have to wait for Apple to approve updates when I had the PGS from the appstore before).

I have copied the entire contend folder onto my UBS stick.