Goodsol.com - Pretty Good Solitaire

New Holiday Card Decks

I can't find any discussion about this so . . . Well, are there any? I am too lazy to try to make my own but would like to see some new theme decks; maybe old west or middle and far eastern; nautical, etc. Just trying to fill in some gaps in the calendar; or is this one of THOSE subjects?😕

Comments

• edited July 2021

You'd not believe the amount of things that we'd talked about over the decades. (This is Goodsol forum #3). Tom or Gregg will be able to help you. I had to go and check what I'm using. It's the default red colour. Has probably been that since day one. 😊

• >I can't find any discussion about this so . . . Well, are there any? I am too lazy to try to make my own but would like to see some new theme decks; maybe old west or middle and far eastern; nautical, etc. Just trying to fill in some gaps in the calendar; or is this one of THOSE subjects?😕

We have been discussing new card decks for a while, so thank you for the theme suggestions.

There have not been any new card (or tile) sets recently because, to be completely honest, most of the current ones were done by Rick Tumanis, who very unfortunately passed away 10 years ago this month. Finding another artist of his capabilities is an obstacle to getting more card decks created, but I know that it is being considered. Of course, I'm just a programmer; ultimately, it is not my call to make.

Gregg 🐵

• Can't it be done digitally Gregg? There are sites where you can download enormous amounts of free images on any subject matter you want. Pixaby for example. Photoshop them to suit.

• >...most of the current ones were done by Rick Tumanis, who very unfortunately passed away 10 years ago this month. 

Oh no! I guess that explains why there have been few graphical updates in PGS since that time. Graphical updates may be something to think about when the 30th anniversary comes about or when all the PGS versions achieve parity.

Bastiko

• >Can't it be done digitally Gregg? There are sites where you can download enormous amounts of free images on any subject matter you want. Pixaby for example. Photoshop them to suit.

I appreciate the suggestions, but the solution is not as easy as that. (One of things we learn as contractors is how many phrases are very simple to say, but considerably harder to execute: "Photoshop them to suit." is such a phrase. 😉)

>Oh no! I guess that explains why there have been few graphical updates in PGS since that time. Graphical updates may be something to think about when the 30th anniversary comes about or when all the PGS versions achieve parity.

Yeah, Rick was also my business partner and friend. 😥 Thomas and I have been making do with what we have. I cannot say what exactly will happen in the future, but I can say that we have explicitly discussed the options, so I know that it is under consideration.