Goodsol.com - Pretty Good Solitaire

Corona .... (Not the virus)

Comments

• edited August 2020

Hi Larry, Pleased you have recovered enough to join us. What did the doctors have to say about your Short Hiatus? ๐Ÿ˜€ Antibiotics? Thanks for the butterfly photo, ragged or not. I have been chasing "whites" around my garden for weeks. I think they're neurotic. Practically impossible to get near them before the fly off over my fences. I have definitely caught glimpses of three of the four white varieties, but cannot be positive about our Green Winged job.

I hope the addition of #92 indicates that I am in a better frame of mind for PGS than I was yesterday. I always find that it's not until you've landed up with an un-won tableau at the end that you can correctly identify what cards you need to introduce in replays. Waiting for the the best opportunity to move a playable card is the key to creating "spaces". It's a very strategic game.

Looks like I was correct.

• I was optimistic about #100 until near the end. That's when the absence of either 5D became glaringly obvious. Can anyone improve on the situation?

• Storm Francis has been watering the garden all day so far. We've never had named storms this early before apparently. Francis is our second already. Great PGS weather though and I don't need to feel guilty about not working outside. Happy days. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Another recruit.

• Waitaminnit! Weren't you just complaining about how hard these all were yesterday? You're an animal!

• An animal ?.... neigh. Perhaps I am just in the right moood today.

• I think Corona has a little more guesswork than KOE, especially earlly on. The Monarch butterfly migration is starting here, this generation will travel to central Mexico, ovewinter, and return to the southern US in early spring to start a new generation.

• It's not the length of your hiatus, but how you use it.

• Is this the current loser list for #1-100? 1, 10, 25, 33, 34, 40, 46, 47, 48, 52, 55, 59, 63, 64, 66, 68, 76, 77, 78, 83, 84, 85, 88, 91, 95 ?

• I'll check that in the morning, Larry. In the meantime, I'll post the next 50 losers (and I really sucked with this group)

102-104, 106-108, 110, 111, 113, 115, 118, 119, 121, 123, 125-127, 129-132, 136, 142, 144, 146, 147, 150

• I agree about the guesswork component of Corona. In most cases I find that analysis of the tableau after my first attempt reveals the cards that I need to concentrate on for my second and third attempts. Having kings in the tableau makes it very difficult to plan any strategy.

I've been emailed a Double Limited deal. It is going to keep me busy for quite some time if early attempts are anything to go by.

• Larry, re: losers for the first 100, I don't think any of us have won 27, 30, or 45.

Richard can correct me if I'm mistaken.

• edited August 2020

I have a 57/20 saved partial for #27 and a 55/18 for #30. No records for #45. Will replay.

#45 has now been won.

• #91 joins the club. Our KOE goal is always 80/100, so we are closing in on that for the 001-100 Corona set.๐Ÿคž

• #27 and #30 are recruits.

CORONA 000's (1-100) now 77/100.

• #40 was missing its mates.

• #48 was for dozin' out of sight. Don't make me explain it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• If there is another winnable one in the first 100 then I can't find it. ๐Ÿ˜“

• That stealthy cat here pounced on this one -#68๐Ÿ˜ผ

So who will find one more for 80/100 in the 000's ?

• edited August 2020

Pretty late. Have had scores in the low sixties with #27. Please try and win it whilst I'm getting some kip. It looks likely.

• See a few posts above for #27 and #30.

Upon further review, 000's now at 80/100.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• So which of the remaining would be considered kaput? In KOE there are obvious unwinnables, Corona not as many?

• I'd not deleted #27 from my list Larry, sorry.

I've played all of the Coronas in both groups on three or more separate occasions. Each time I do so I undo and redo numerous times as I try to introduce "missing" cards into the tableaux. I'm completely out of ideas. I only identified 2 or 3 that have tableau blockages that are impossible to resolve, with identical cards trapped early in the waste, or inaccessible in the tableaux. I should have kept notes. I think we've identified all the winnable ones. I'll go through them all again but I don't expect to find another one.

• I doubt if we can reach 70 for the second hundred if my "losers" so far cannot be converted. One new winner.